Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

the cover art reminds me of the Miles Davis double albums from the 70´s . But the music is fantastic. One of my favourite Jackie McLean albums and I am a big fan of him. 

Yeah Live Evil and Bitches Brew were also from the artists hands I know thanks to Mjzee's post :)

16 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Hermann Scherchen & the Vienna State Opera Orchestra - The Devil in Hi-Fi  (Westminster, stereo)

I think Scherchen was a terrific conductor. :tup

1 hour ago, Pim said:

a Wayne favorite 

Woody favorite

a Mal favorite 

Right on !!! 🙂

11 minutes ago, jazzcorner said:

Is that a Fresh Sound reissue?

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/9663740-Clifford-Brown-And-Max-Roach-Clifford-Brown-And-Max-Roach

"Manufactured in Switzerland by TECVAL Memories, S.A."

Liner notes in Spanish by Carlos Sampayo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Sampayo

No more details!

3 hours ago, optatio said:

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/9663740-Clifford-Brown-And-Max-Roach-Clifford-Brown-And-Max-Roach

"Manufactured in Switzerland by TECVAL Memories, S.A."

Liner notes in Spanish by Carlos Sampayo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Sampayo

No more details!

Thanks. Has 4 more tracks than my copy. Could be an Item out of the FSR stable I havent seen.

On 10/22/2023 at 3:00 PM, mikeweil said:

On 10/22/2023 at 3:59 PM, Pim said:

Yeah Live Evil and Bitches Brew were also from the artists hands I know thanks to Mjzee's post :)

Was the Jackie McLean album issued later than usual ? I mean it was somewhere in the late 60´s as I assume due to his permanent team of Lamont Johnson on piano and Scotty Holt on bass ? 
Like Miles´ "Water Babies" which was from the same time, but got a cover similar to "On the Corner" ? 

7 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Was the Jackie McLean album issued later than usual ? I mean it was somewhere in the late 60´s as I assume due to his permanent team of Lamont Johnson on piano and Scotty Holt on bass ? 
Like Miles´ "Water Babies" which was from the same time, but got a cover similar to "On the Corner" ? 

According to disocgs it was issued in 1970.

7 hours ago, mikeweil said:

According to disocgs it was issued in 1970.

Interesting. 

This might have been during the years when he did not record. Because the only time he recorded again was later in the 70´s mostly live for Steeple Chase in Danemarca. I love that two records where is is paired with Dex, and his Parker´s Mood is the best slow blues I ever heard on record. 

2 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

I quite enjoy this one. He's a figure who looms very large in modern jazz, but appears very rarely on this forum, presumably this sort of stuff isn't really to most members' tastes.

It took me years to work out that there were two Avishai Cohens.

Yeah I like the two trio a;lbums: Gently Disturbed and From Darkness. Also the live date at the Half Note club and Continuo. He has lost me with his last albums where he also sings.