What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

9 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

It seems that Lew Tabackin as travelled much as a single with local rhythm sections in the last years, I somehow missed it. 

Saw Lew Tabackin just the once at a California Club (somewhere in the SF Valley). Really nice club, evening and excellent music as I recall.

SX7KVI=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

United Jazz and Rock Ensemble on Mood Records - 'Round Seven'.

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Mark Styker mentioned this last week or the week before in one of his Twitter posts so I picked up a copy.

IMG_1240.jpg

Yes you mention it and I remember I must have it somewhere. When I was a youngster, I bought a lot of those "Spotlite" LPs, I think there is also one of Bird in Paris, but they published anything that was recorded of Bird, may it be good, may it be sad, may it have a better ore a barely acceptable sound.....

I have a vague memory, that there is also tunes that Bird didn´t record much, some "Strike Up the Band" or "Fine and Dandy" or so. 

There´s also a very long Body & Soul but somehow the local musicians never know if to play ballad time or double time, so I think I remember they not always really together....

The rest might be standard bop repertory like the "Bird in Paris"....

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Mark Styker mentioned this last week or the week before in one of his Twitter posts so I picked up a copy.

IMG_1240.jpg

Recently I had an attempt at an LP clear out. This was on the pile for possible onward movement.Once I listened to it I realised that it was a keeper. Better sound compared to the Bird in Paris set , but that too was a keeper. 

Now spinning:

ODAtODY2NS5qcGVn.jpeg

ODUtMjQ2MS5qcGVn.jpeg

This isn't bad.  But it's not nearly as good as I would like it to be.  The music strikes me as very "studio-y" and docile.  Nobody ever lets loose.  I suppose it's telling that this album never was issued in the U.S. . . . I pulled it off the shelf to see if I still felt the same way since my last listen, and I do.  

Edited by HutchFan