• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Peter Kowald quintet "s/t" (FMP, Germany). I've had three different issues of this over the years...now I have a copy with a silkscreened cover which I believe to be the first issue. Anyway it's a killer album.

DEMA "rumour" (Sony, Japan). Killer avant psych jazz album with Masahiko Sato, Akira Ishikawa, Kimio Mizutani, etc

John Taylor 'Decipher' (MPS/BASF stereo)

JohnTaylorDECIPHER.jpg

Good as the Japanese CD re-issue sounds, the original LP categorically trounces it !

Freddie Hubbard 'Night of the Cookers Vol 2' (BN Liberty UA/stereo)

h1203.jpg

Today's nice find. I needed Vol 2 and as this one was in immaculate nick and had the 'Van Gelder' in the runout, it was a no-brainer..

Edited by sidewinder

JohnTaylorDECIPHER.jpg

Good as the Japanese CD re-issue sounds, the original LP categorically trounces it..

Really? Darn. At one time I had a perfect vinyl copy of "decipher" but when I got the Japanese CD I sold the vinyl in tight times..I had found the record for $25 and could not resist the $200 profit alluring me at the time :(

Anyway this was years ago so I'd love to hear how the vinyl sounds on my improved turntable system..

JohnTaylorDECIPHER.jpg

Good as the Japanese CD re-issue sounds, the original LP categorically trounces it..

Really? Darn. At one time I had a perfect vinyl copy of "decipher" but when I got the Japanese CD I sold the vinyl in tight times..I had found the record for $25 and could not resist the $200 profit alluring me at the time :(

Anyway this was years ago so I'd love to hear how the vinyl sounds on my improved turntable system..

I was amazed too. It's not even close ! $25 is an amazing price for this scarce LP (even over here), particularly one in good nick.

Edited by sidewinder

Freddie Hubbard 'Night of the Cookers Vol 2' (BN Liberty UA/stereo)

h1203.jpg

Today's nice find. I needed Vol 2 and as this one was in immaculate nick and had the 'Van Gelder' in the runout, it was a no-brainer..

Pardon my French, but I'll stick to my opinion that this is merde. I've tried to get into these two dates many times and I've just given up. To my ears, they really aren't very good at all.

If you were there I don't doubt that you would have enjoyed the evening, but the LP:s do not live up to the expectations for a Blue Note album, or even the expectations for an album on any label with thesee musicians. For me it's more that than anything else. The playing is OK for what it is, but they are not great as "albums" IMO.

Had a really nice day listening to old Muse organ group LPs

115791854.jpg

Willis Jackson - Headed & gutted

$(KGrHqF,!nkE9c1fWn,6BPddj3YPt!~~60_35.J

Sonny Phillips - My black flower (Promo)

holmes_rich_shippinou_101b.jpg

Richard 'Groove' Holmes - Shippin' out (WEA France)

Charles-Earland-Pleasant-Afternoo-564810

Charles Earland - Pleasant afternoon (one of the most evocative sleeves I've seen)

147494f.jpg

Houston Person - Stolen sweets (promo)

che_in_the_pocket.jpg

Charles Earland - In the pocket (promo)

jackso_will_lockinhor_101b.jpg

Willis Jackson & Von Freeman - Lockin' horns (Willis is on the LEFT :))

These_Are_Soulful_Days.jpg

Don Patterson - These are soulful days

MG