What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

so i guess the stereo vers. of "jazz of two cities".....is not impossibly expensive and/or rare. didnt really know this. multiple songs are complete other takes, as compared to the earlier mono counterpart. (this one relesed later, both not at same time). im not spinnin now. it arrives tmw. the other trks are the same takes as the mono, i guess they are in real stereo, i hope. this might even be better than the mono cause on the mono i know certain takes are edited eg. the solo from 1 into another.....now that i have this all i need is ted brown-freewheeling, it'll turn up eventually....

93876622.jpg

Edited by chewy

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if i was the high bidder, i would of won a freaking Plastylite test pressing of jackie mclean JACKKNIFE w/ lee morgan + charles tolliver, my hb was only 150, i think it went for 152. 153 would not of been bad to pay for one of the worlds only vangelder stamped jacknifes.

Carmell%2BJones%2Bin%2BEurope%2B1965-66.

Saw Carmell Jones during that time in Europe. He played at Club 43 Manchester with a local trio.

god i cant believe ive never seen this, seems like this would of turned up by now.....non vangelder stamped prestige, ive seen these prestige presents MPS issues w/ the initials inscribed with a box drawn around him, DBH i believe.....not Vangelders, theyre done by someone else. other us prestige have the same initials too, from that period, i wonder who it was.

Edited by chewy

0100303.jpg

Another LP plucked from the bargain bin. Orange label deep groove.

What's the source of this material. or, at least, of the Scott?

There is no information on the LP jacket but Discogs states:

"Recorded at Reeves Sound Studios, New York City; October 29, November 23 and 30, 1956." Don't know their source.

That's all I got. Maybe someone else has more.

0100303.jpg

Another LP plucked from the bargain bin. Orange label deep groove.

What's the source of this material. or, at least, of the Scott?

There is no information on the LP jacket but Discogs states:

"Recorded at Reeves Sound Studios, New York City; October 29, November 23 and 30, 1956." Don't know their source.

That's all I got. Maybe someone else has more.

The liner note says the session was the idea of bassist Trigger Alpert and lists Dick Hyman, Marty Paich and Tony Scott as arrangers.