Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

And don't like to understand why others still do...

And a little of that as well. Nevertheless hope for them they will do a cd release of it. It’s essential Tapscott.

IMG-3861.jpg

now spinning this one. Not sure anyone is familiar with it but I could really recommend it. Should be in one of those best of jazz lists I think….

1 hour ago, Pim said:

And a little of that as well. Nevertheless hope for them they will do a cd release of it. It’s essential Tapscott.

IMG-3861.jpg

now spinning this one. Not sure anyone is familiar with it but I could really recommend it. Should be in one of those best of jazz lists I think….

Wow! Someone new to discover, thanks PIm

4 hours ago, Pim said:

IMG-3861.jpg

👍👍👍 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kind_of_Blue 

I listened to this one for a certain purpose. I wanted to re-listen to the track "Klactoveedstene" because they want it on a set list for a following gig, so I had to re-check it only to find out that I had guessed the changes right. The intro is also nice, it has a bit the same "harmonic feeling" like the intro of "Shaw Nuff" and I´m sure it´s a gimmick from some non jazz original source that sounded hip to the bopsters. 

I had purchased that source record when I was a teenager, it was my second Parker LP. It was very cheap and covered quite a lot stuff for such a cheap record, since it has the Diz´n Bird at Carnegie Hall from 1947, most of the Dial Tracks from 1947 and a very very rare set from 1954 with 3 quarters of the Modern Jazz Quartet as rhythm section. 

"Jazz Tracks" in the way people in Austria pronounced it sounded much more like "Scheiss-Dreck"😀, and about  the title of the tune "Klakto....rest unpronouncable" I thought in my still naive way that this is a foreign word for piano, which in German menas "Klavier", so I thought "Klacto......" is something that has to do with "Klavier" (piano) 😀.

By the way, I never had heard the 1954 Carnegie Hall set from other sources and it must have been the only time Bird played "My funny Valentine". It´s strange, that not only Bird, but also Bud recorded that tune in 1954, while they didn´t play it usually. Reason ? The only other versions of it that I have is Miles once in the Midfifties and once in the Midsixties. I think I liked most the Midsixties Version with Herbie Hancock from the live Album "My Funny Valentine in Concert". 

Jazztracks.jpg

Herunterladen.jpg