Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up to Disc 4... it is quite a good set... :tup

If you're on the fence... get the Capitol jazz set... but put this on the "get when running low" list... :tup:tup

Lou Donaldson Disc 1...

I had a fair amount of Lou before... but this is better than I thought ti would be :cool::cool: ....

Edited by tranemonk

I just finished shoveling this morning, now my time is to be spent with:

The Complete Roulette Live Recordings of Count Basie and His Orchestra (1958-1962)

I had forgot how much fun this music is! Too bad one of the disc's is acting up. :(

Now I am playing the Shorty Rogers- Complete Atlantic and EMI Jazz Recordings.

Finishing up Disc 3 of Farmer/Golson/Jazztet...

It seems that those of who bought this already KNOW how good it is... Now for those of you on the fence.... :beee::beee::beee: (Ron S? maybe... - although I think you did get this one... :unsure::unsure: )

Grab the Capitol set... and then the Farmer...

I've had the Jazztet set for a while now--one of my favorites. :tup

I am, however, still on the fence about the Capitol set--at the moment leaning towards not getting it. :huh:

Finishing up Disc 3 of Farmer/Golson/Jazztet...

It seems that those of who bought this already KNOW how good it is... Now for those of you on the fence.... :beee::beee::beee: (Ron S? maybe... - although I think you did get this one... :unsure::unsure: )

Grab the Capitol set... and then the Farmer...

I've had the Jazztet set for a while now--one of my favorites. :tup

I am, however, still on the fence about the Capitol set--at the moment leaning towards not getting it. :huh:

I ponied up for the Jazztet. . . even though I had almost all the material.

I find myself. . . bored. The music just doesnn't excite me these days. Other days in the future will probably be different.

I'm so glad I bought the Capitol set years ago. It's expensive and I would be hard pressed not to go for it, and hard pressed to afford it. I don't want to live without it.

I find myself. . . bored. The music just doesnn't excite me these days. Other days in the future will probably be different.

:o

To paraphrase Dr. Johnson - "A man who is tired of the Jazztet Mosaic is tired of life.." :)

That Capitol Set is a good one. I have it on vinyl so will prise it off the shelf (with fork lift truck) later.

:o

To paraphrase Dr. Johnson - "A man who is tired of the Jazztet Mosaic is tired of life.." :)

That Capitol Set is a good one. I have it on vinyl so will prise it off the shelf (with fork lift truck) later.

Oh I've listened to that music on and off for most of twenty years. . . . I just find the Jazztet material in particular to be a tad too "arranged" for my current tastes. I crave rawer and more visceral stuff I guess. Life's circumstances seem to color my listening habits.

Loving the Sarah Vaughan Complete Roulette Recordings at the moment. Yup, there's some schmaltzy stuff in there that Sarah was stuck doing while under contract to Roulette. However, once you get past that, there are some true gems, such as Sarah + 2. Up until I was gifted this wonderful set last week, I had the LP with many a scratch. Wonderful to have a scratchless source for this magnificent recording.

Marla