Argggghhhhhh

A I share your hatred of those sticky strips on the top of CDs. The way to get around them is to unhook the front of the jewel box from the bottom, unsealed end. Then you can open the jewel box vertically, remove that strip quite easily, and then reassemble the jewel box.

A bit cumbersome the first time or two, but it doesn't take too long to get it down to a near-reflexive act!

This is sheer genius.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who load and unload their kids on the traffic side of the car. This cuts across all socioeconomic lines and is unbelievably, outrageously, irresponsible. In this area, there are so many fatal gruesome hit and run accidents you would think that people would take extra care with the most valuable things in their lives, their children. Part of me wants to stop my car, get out, and kick their ass around the block (after handing their kids to some responsible adult who will shield them from witnessing mummy or daddy's corporal punishment). Gad, that irks me. :excited:

Driving arrrrgggghhhhhs:

People on city streets who drive in the middle lane who make a right or left turn (always with no signal).

People who brake for green lights.

You're trying to pass someone on the freeway. They are driving at or below the speed limit. By the time you pass them, you are going almost 80 and as soon as you pass them, they drop back to a slowpoke speed.

On city streets, people who pull out suddenly in front your car which is at speed (or more) and proceed at below speed level instead of letting you pass by and pulling in behind you WHERE THERE ARE NO CARS.

People who speed up when you are trying to get on the freeway and you have to slow way down to get on, then pass the fool who drops back to a slow speed. There's a pattern here. Does something bad happen to you if another car gets ahead of you?

People who have the right of way and who wave you through. There are rules. If you can't follow the rules, please take the bus. :rolleyes:

I almost always yield to pedestrians and I live in an area with a lot of foot traffic. But I cannot bear peds who just stroll into traffic without looking and expect you to suddenly stop, especially if they are walking against the light.

People who drive in mall parking lots or parking structures over 10-15 MPH. It is reasonable to expect to see folks strolling in a lot and it makes no sense for some fool to be driving 25-30 MPH.

Boom boxes in cars. If someone pulls up next to me playing some loud bass hip hop awful ear bleeding stuff, I make a face and roll up my window. Yes, okay, I'm a snob. I especially hate this at 2AM when I'm in bed asleep. I'm going to start a campaign where I spray paint the offending vehicles on the first offense. On the second offense I slash their tires and blow up an M1000 inside the vehicle. In my dreams of course. I live for revenge fantasies.

People who don't pull over for emergency vehicles. They belong on the bus too.

Edited by RainyDay

What's your councilman's name? He may be Tadd Dameron's son.

Bertrand.

Just a guess but I don't think anyone on the council is Tadd Dameron's son. However, Danny Wan, Larry Reid, Ignacio De La Fuente, Henry Chang are the male members on the council. I'll take the fifth on which council rep belongs to me. Politics here have become very contentious among the few of us who care.

Speaking of grocery stores... what about the person who loads their groceries into their car and then leaves the cart rammed up against the car next to them even though the "cart corral" is less than 5 feet away (basically in the adjacent parking space)?  That drives my wife and I nuts!  WALK YOUR FAT ASS OVER THERE AND PUT THE DAMN CART AWAY SO IT DOESN'T HIT MY CAR!

Once my wife saw a woman do this and my wife said, "You know, the cart corral is right there," pointing to the spot less than 3 steps away.  The woman just said, "I know," got in her massive SUV and left.

:rmad:

My wife loves that one too.

Especially when we go to Costco. Carts all over the place.

Chaining up the carts and charging you a refundable quarter was supposed to alieviate that by the incentive of getting your quarter back when you returned the cart to the corral. The only think that I can think, when I see carts all over the parking lot is that this is some people's way of saying that they are so rich that they don't need the quarter. :blink: That's as impressive as telling a convenience store clerk to "keep the change", when the change is eight cents. Wow!!

Edited by patricia

People who don't pull over for emergency vehicles. They belong on the bus too.

Speaking of the boom boxes in cars, wouldn't it be great if there were some kind of device that could gather the sound-waves generated by these guys in their bass-boxes-on-wheels, compress them into a single powerful sound-beam, which could then be aimed at the offending vehicle's radio, short-circuiting the works? I had a math teacher who described such a device; sure wish I'd seen it in action!

Yeah..... the PRISON bus!!! What's wrong with these people? Probably got their radios on too loud while they talk on the cel phone with the windows rolled up and the AC going full-blast! :rmad::rmad::rmad:

• 1 year later...

Saw something yesterday that had me shaking my head. I pulled up to a red light, in the center lane at the front of the line, with one car to my right in the "right turn only" lane. So, the light, as I said, was red. The person next to me was doing just what I would do: stop there for a moment to see where the traffic was coming from before pulling out onto a busy two lane road. But after about 2 seconds had elapsed, this joker in a Yukon with the shiny wheels and the boomin' system pulls up behind the other car, blares his horn before even coming to a stop, and yells something out the window. I turn to look, and it's some clean-cut suburban looking dude, young, but old enough to know better. We made eye contact, and I mouthed the words "CALM DOWN" - to no avail. The car ahead of him turns out onto the road, and he roars off, shortly thereafter maliciously cutting them off, even though it's two lanes at that point and there's no reason for him to even move into that lane.

People like that are a menace to society, but the worst part is, they don't see it that way - they think it's everyone else's fault! :blink:

I got one for ya, Joe...

Last Saturday I was heading to the Green Door, driving east on Michigan Ave. Right around the intersection of Cedar and Larch, they have the eastbound down to one lane for construction. I'm stopped at a red light and there's this joker behind me in some ugly-ass Avalanche, or whatever that hideous Chevy thing is.

Anyway, he's riding my ass through the one-lane constuction zone for no reason (I'm going 5 over the speed limit). Once we get to where the road opens up to two lanes again, he zips out from behind me into the far right lane, guns it, only to get caught at another red light at Pennsylvania Ave. At this time, three ladies are crossing the street with a baby in a stroller beyond the intersection. They were not in the crosswalk, but they were crossing well before any lights turned green.

So our light turns green, and this jackass guns it again. The three women and baby are still crossing the road. He keeps going. I'm thinking, "Jesus, this asshole is going to hit these people!" The guy suddenly realizes that there are people in the road, in his lane, and jerks his car into my lane at the last second, luckily avoiding them (and I was staying back because I could see this whole thing unfolding). The ladies turn around and scream at the dumbass, having almost gotten run over, child and all, by this dickhead.

So he keeps gunning it, and winds up at another red light. I pull up to the light, look over and say "What the fuck, dude!? You almost ran those people over!?" He flips me off.

Brilliant.

Should I mention him and his two buddies in the SUV were white and the women were black? I'd like to think that had nothing to do with it, but you never know...

But we Americans love our cars... :rfr

Most of the time I avoid driving, because it's so crazy out there. I have a couple of crazy road stories, but no time to write about them. :rfr

I gave up on flipping the bird, never tell anybody to calm down. I'm more likely to pull up to them at the next light and stare them down.

tucson is fast becoming the # 1 red light running city

people that actually stop on the yellow lights are getting rear-ended by people trying to run the light

SLOW THE F*CK DOWN

:(

Isn't Phoenix still #1 for that?

I thought you moved?

(I know, open goal and all that, but hey...)

Saw something yesterday that had me shaking my head. I pulled up to a red light, in the center lane at the front of the line, with one car to my right in the "right turn only" lane. So, the light, as I said, was red. The person next to me was doing just what I would do: stop there for a moment to see where the traffic was coming from before pulling out onto a busy two lane road. But after about 2 seconds had elapsed, this joker in a Yukon with the shiny wheels and the boomin' system pulls up behind the other car, blares his horn before even coming to a stop, and yells something out the window. I turn to look, and it's some clean-cut suburban looking dude, young, but old enough to know better. We made eye contact, and I mouthed the words "CALM DOWN" - to no avail. The car ahead of him turns out onto the road, and he roars off, shortly thereafter maliciously cutting them off, even though it's two lanes at that point and there's no reason for him to even move into that lane.

People like that are a menace to society, but the worst part is, they don't see it that way - they think it's everyone else's fault! :blink:

You're right. I remember thinking that back then...

You're right. I remember thinking that back then...

:lol::lol:

Sounded VERY good, by the way (FIDF, not Freebird, which you guys sucked it up and played next, right?) :P

The kid can play the piano, right?

I've been threatening to arrange Freebird with Coltrane changes for just such an occasion for years. One of these weekends, I'll get off my arse and do it. Either that or fashion some time of mechinized punching device so that I can start bopping the offenders in the nose with a foot pedal or something. Hmmm....