Anyone want to see Organissimo in Ann Arbor

Hoping that the Nessas and Uncle Skid and Upright Bill and GregK can make it this Saturday at the Firefly.

I'll be bringing Brian (the band knows him) along with my sister. I've also invited a couple of other people who will be driving separately if they decide to come.

Perhaps we can all meet for dinner beforehand?

:g

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to go. The Firefly is a nice little club, and of course Organissimo ROCKS!! It's only about a 20 min drive for me, so I should be able to make the first set and still be home in time to put my daughter to bed (she has a late bedtime, it works, you do whatever you can to get them to sleep through the night!). Everything for me depends on how my wife is feeling-we don't have family or close friends here, so if she isn't feeling well (she is 5 months pregnant) or doesn't do well on her exam that afternoon, there's no way I can leave her at home alone with this wild little 2 yr old!

Jeez, Greg; you're living with a two year old in the house??? I apologize for every mean thing I've said to you... :ph34r:

it's worse than it sounds-we live in an APARTMENT!!! so I haven't slept in about 25 months, and I'm sure the neighbors haven't either! I'm usually forced to type with her on my lap, giggling at all the smilies (she likes them too :g ). Yes, that explains why most of my posts make little to no sense

Man, I really wish I could go. It's a little over 2 1/2 hours from here to Ann Arbor (~170 miles), but this weekend just didn't work out. We've had a sick kid here the last two weeks, so I need to stay close to home as much as possible.

I've mentioned this to Upright Bill, but I'm not sure what he's planning. He's having one of those "Texas Hold-em" tournaments at his house this weekend, but I think that is Friday night.

I won't be going to that either -- I already went once before, and made my donation.... :rcry

very nice show tonight guys!! Jim, I didn't know you could sing that good! you and Joe had a nice wall of percussion to solo on. You guys gotta come back here more often. I promise I'll stay for more than one set!

Nice meeting you Chuck, and to see you again Paul!!

Got back last night at 2:30. Had a great time.

Organissimo is getting better. They played a few tunes from their upcoming cd, and this promises to be superior to the first. Wow, I'm gonna be an early bird on that next cd!

Greg, sorry you couldn't stay till the end. The last two sets were terrific. Besides some of their new originals--I do remember one of the titles, "Stomp Your Feet" they played "Someone to Watch over Me" right? Was that the Grant Green/Larry Young tune? They also played a beautiful Don Patterson ballad called "Aires," and also "Dem NY Blues" by Patterson. There was a terrific tune by Scolfield, and one by the Detroit organistj--was it Hyde? Anyway, there were a few more, but that's all I remember right now.

Jim brought his Yamaha electric keyboard and played a few licks. That was a nice touch. Everybody was on.

It was great to meet Chuck and his family. He's a real softie! ;)

Super people.

We took some pics and we'll post them. My neice took some, and Ann Nessa took a few. Hope I don't look too lickered up... :eye:

I think that's correct, Mike.

"This Could Be the Start of Something" is the Green/Young arrangement you were thinking of, Paul. And yes, we did Duff's Doonk by organist Bill Heid - you should look for his cds. I'm sure you'd dig 'em.

Thanks to all for coming out and spending the evening with us. :)