What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching "Ridley" on PBS Passport (streaming service for PBS members).  This is also playing on broadcast TV in some markets.  It's fairly standard detective fare set in Lancashire and Yorkshire Dales but well written and excellent cinematography.  There is a musical component - the protagonist is part owner of a "jazz bar".  The music is maybe not exactly jazz but there are occasional nice moments.

Just watched Tar. Blanchett is a preeminent actress of our time. The story is remarkable. I was very moved.  

The PC world of academia and institutionalized performing arts education system collides with the Artist; it's mediocrity vs. genius, with all the accompanying psychoses. Brilliant film.

Tried watching Citadel but we got stuck about half way through episode 3 and haven't really gone back. Should probably try to push through.

Surprisingly enjoyed Daisy Jones & the Six on Amazon.

Lately, my wife & I have tried to find a half-hour sit-com to fill up those "do we stay up or hit the hay" times and we started watching the ancient repeats of Caroline in the City on Paramount+. We're finding it very funny and far enough back in our memories that it's somewhat new again. Although I seem to remember it went dramatically downhill after season 1. :)

3 hours ago, bresna said:

Tried watching Citadel but we got stuck about half way through episode 3 and haven't really gone back. Should probably try to push through.

Surprisingly enjoyed Daisy Jones & the Six on Amazon.

Lately, my wife & I have tried to find a half-hour sit-com to fill up those "do we stay up or hit the hay" times and we started watching the ancient repeats of Caroline in the City on Paramount+. We're finding it very funny and far enough back in our memories that it's somewhat new again. Although I seem to remember it went dramatically downhill after season 1. :)

Daisy Jones & The Six is a pretty good book.

I re-watched the movie "Nobody" again last night. I know it's just another bloody gore-fest a la John Wick, but I enjoy this movie so much more than those Wick movies, mainly because his everyday life is so like my own at times. Alarm, breakfast, bring out the trash, get the kids off to school, commute, work, commute, dinner, bedtime - over & over ad nauseam until... :)

Amazon.com: Nobody : Bob Odenkirk, Connie Nielsen, Alexey Serebryakov, RZA,  Michael Ironside, Colin Salmon, Billy MacLellan, Gage Munroe, Christopher  Lloyd, Derek Kolstad, Ilya Naishuller, Braden Aftergood, David Leitch,  Kelly McCormick, Bob Odenkirk,

32 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

Revisiting the first season for the first time.

Yes, there are a few little flaws (unrealistic events),

... but overall this is so entertaining and well-crafted ! The acting is also very realistic most of the time.

MV5BYmQ4YWMxYjUtNjZmYi00MDQ1LWFjMjMtNjA5ZDdiYjdiODU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzNDExODE5._V1_.jpg

I've seen the series a few times. If I had my druthers it would have been great if it had ended at the end of Season 4, and the final season didn't happen. I enjoyed that season least.