What Are You Watching

On 7/21/2023 at 9:05 PM, Brad said:

The Criterion Channel is showing at no cost Jon Else’s 1981 documentary, The Day After Trinity, about Oppenheimer. Highly recommended.

You can also find it on YouTube. 

Excellent doc. I used to show it in my college classes years ago.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/31/2023 at 5:23 PM, jazzbo said:

I've seen the series a few times. If I had my druthers it would have been great if it had ended at the end of Season 4, and the final season didn't happen. I enjoyed that season least.

Didn't like the the second and third season ether. It's probably season one and four that stand the test of time best.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realize until very recently that there were Seasons 3 & 4 of Mr. Robot. For some reason back then, I thought it had stopped after 2. 

Spent the last few stays starting over (memory was a bit cloudy) and this time following through, to be finished in full tomorrow.

It's being fun! 

Watching Lioness on Paramount+. It's just OK. It kills time and the acting is decent. The story is a bit far-fetched, especially how quickly they insert the operative in the initial episodes.

My wife & I keep trying to watch Only Murders In The Building on Hulu, but we just can't get into it. Nether Martin Short's or Steve Martin's characters are likeable and they seem to go into extreme stereotypes in their respective roles, if that's possible.

Edited by bresna

This has become (along with "Slow TV") my favorite kind of TV - especially if you have a large screen.
You can watch the cam live or go back as far as 12 hours,
but it's incredibly meditative during some moments and quite dramatic at other times.

Giraffes, emus, zebras, warthogs, ibex, hyenas (mostly at dawn), foxes, birds of various kinds...

There are highlights here.

Edited by rostasi

HPI.Season 2. I watched this during a long plane trip yesterday, and I enjoyed it quite a bit (thank goodness for subtitles). It had a lot of interesting characters, and a nice feel, even though the main character, Morgane Alvaro, was very irritating at times. A very nice police show to pass the time. Too bad it's not offered on Amazon Prime, I'd love to see season one, and the outcome after season two.

MV5BYTlhZGViYTEtMjg1Ni00MTM4LTgwYzItOTBm

Edited by Matthew