Who's the worst

Who's the worst  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Keep on smoking you old asshole :tup ....hey, you must be dancing in the streets now that copyright is forever for record companies, eh what? Keep your fingers crossed about Europe, you won't have to worry about filling in the rest of Classics collections you are missing.

What class.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember, it is only PC to make fun of fat people, Christians, and Republicans on this board!

This does raise an interesting point, and this isn't the first time I've wondered about this kind of hypocrisy here on the board.

Being a Christian or a Republican is a choice people make. (I dunno about fatness.)

And many people are born into Christian or Republican families. As for being gay, one can choose to be gay, and one can be born gay. Either way, it doesn't make a difference. What is "PC" shouldn't have anything to do with these factors.

I disagree. It seems one of the reasons why racial jibes are unacceptable is because people don't have a choice in the matter. Christianity and Republicanism can, in principle, be switched on and off.

And so can being gay. And it does happen frequently enough. So, tell me why it's not cool to refer to Kenny G that way, but why it's perfectly legit on this board to rip on Republicans and Christians on a regular basis.

For the sake of argument, let's have it that choice is a determining factor. But then it's completely spurious for you to suggest that because some gays can switch it on and off, that makes ridiculing gays PC. You said that some people are born gay, but you should note that people are at most 'born into' Christian or Republican families, which is very different.

Now, I don't see why whether something is PC or not shouldn't have anything to do with these factors. Since you prefaced

What is "PC" shouldn't have anything to do with these factors.

with

Either way, it doesn't make a difference.

you haven't given any reasons why not either.

Edited by Epithet

Keep on smoking you old asshole :tup ....hey, you must be dancing in the streets now that copyright is forever for record companies, eh what? Keep your fingers crossed about Europe, you won't have to worry about filling in the rest of Classics collections you are missing.

What class.

Umm, you called me a dickhead first, but that was done with taste.

Funny, EVERYONE thought Kenny G being called a pentatonic fairy fucker was hysterical awhile back, but calling him Kenny G(ay) is beyond the pale. Granted, not in the best of taste, but people have been making fun of the new Pope all day, not worried in the least about offending any Catholics on this board

(To Chuck's credit, he said it was in bad taste on the Pope thread)

Guest Chaney

I'm choosing to be gay even as I type this message.

Anyone else?

Chuck: Wanna be gay? Hans?

Sheesh! It won't be any fun if I decide to be gay all by myself.

^_^

Back to the original topic- the Worst. Why rate the worst? Bad is bad. They all suck equally

I misnamed the title, imo. I shouldnt of wrote, 'the worst,' but who do you dislike more. Didn't mean for it to get out of hand. And personally, from all the attacks thrown at Kenny G here, I don't think what I said was as bad as what I heard. Whatever it may be, childish, stupid, it can't be changed.

Back to the original topic- the Worst. Why rate the worst? Bad is bad. They all suck equally

I misnamed the title, imo. I shouldnt of wrote, 'the worst,' but who do you dislike more. Didn't mean for it to get out of hand. And personally, from all the attacks thrown at Kenny G here, I don't think what I said was as bad as what I heard. Whatever it may be, childish, stupid, it can't be changed.

"I shouldnt of wrote"?? :blink:

"I shouldnt of wrote"?? :blink:

definately

remember, it is only PC to make fun of fat people, Christians, and Republicans on this board!

This does raise an interesting point, and this isn't the first time I've wondered about this kind of hypocrisy here on the board.

Being a Christian or a Republican is a choice people make. (I dunno about fatness.)

And many people are born into Christian or Republican families. As for being gay, one can choose to be gay, and one can be born gay. Either way, it doesn't make a difference. What is "PC" shouldn't have anything to do with these factors.

There's gotta be truth to this. Look at the disproportionately high number of gays and lesbians who suffered through some sort of sexual assault as children.

At that point, I'm not even saying that it's a conscious choice, but the flip side to that would be absolutely ridiculous to ponder: that more gay children get molested than straight children.

I'm not saying that there's not a large percentage of people who might be born gay, but to ridicule vibes for what's actually a pretty common sense remark is pretty silly.

Not only is it childish and stupid, it doesn't even make sense. I mean, it's Kenny G, pronounced "gee". Something like Kenny G-whiz or Kenny Geez would make sense, but gay is a totally different sounding word. Man... what are they teaching the kids in schools these days?

By the way, I'm choosing not to be gay right now. But the next post, watch out!

I love a parade.