Predictions on a vintage 2006 Mosaic year?

Well I can say.... I am thoroughlly excited about the Mulligan, Bechet, Tyner and Tony Williams Selects... Also psyched about this rumor I heard about a Bobby Hutcherson Select... (I REALLY hope its stuff that's never been on CD since I have a lot of Bobby... :w:w:w )

I will also be grabbing that Dizzy set....

To me... the jury is still out on the Oliver Nelson... and the Chu Berry.. (not my kind of thing).... Anybody got any other "insider tips" about unannounced 2006 releases??

All in all it's looking like a very good year!!!!

:cool::cool:

I have to admit, I'm not all that excited about the next few Selects. The Tyner is great, but I have all of it on LP. I have big chunks of the Mulligan and Williams Selects, so I'm not going to rush to get those. The Hutcherson Select, however, will be great.

I will definitely get the Nelson and the Gillespie, though when I get them is a bit up in the air.

Any more definite ideas about what will be in the Hutcherson Select??

Let's mildly pepper them with three or four e-mails, and see if we can get some more info. I'd be VERY interested to know what there plans are for this set.

And while I'm at it, who's on "Inner Glow" again?? And when was it recorded (roughly)? Memory tells me it's a studio date, not live - right? (Sorry, I'm at work - don't have my complete BN discography close at hand.)

(And before anybody bitches -- yes, my Blindfold Test answers (#25) will be delivered yet before the end of this calendar year.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Any more definite ideas about what will be in the Hutcherson Select??

Let's mildly pepper them with three or four e-mails, and see if we can get some more info. I'd be VERY interested to know what there plans are for this set.

And while I'm at it, who's on "Inner Glow" again?? And when was it recorded (roughly)? Memory tells me it's a studio date, not live - right? (Sorry, I'm at work - don't have my complete BN discography close at hand.)

(And before anybody bitches -- yes, my Blindfold Test answers (#25) will be delivered yet before the end of this calendar year.)

Bobby Hutcherson Septet

Oscar Brashear (tp -1,2) Thurman Green (tb -1,2) Harold Land (ts -1,2) Bobby Hutcherson (vib) Dwight Dickenson (p) Kent Brinkley (b) Larry Hancock (d)

United Artists Studios, Los Angeles, CA, March 24, 1975

1. (tk.7) Boodaa Blue Note (J) GXF 3073

2. (tk.4) Roses Poses -

3. (tk.2) Searchin' the Trane -

* Bobby Hutcherson - Inner Glow (Blue Note (J) GXF 3073)

Bobby Hutcherson Septet

same personnel

United Artists Studios, Los Angeles, CA, March 25, 1975

(tk.3) Inner Glow Blue Note (J) GXF 3073

(tk.2) Cowboy Bob -

* Bobby Hutcherson - Inner Glow (Blue Note (J) GXF 3073)

Edited by jazzbo

I was pretty excited about the Sidney Bechet Select, but the $5 increase dulled the excitement quickly. :o

Sidney Bechet's music is well worth the extra 5 bucks. You'll be enjoying that music for the rest of your life.

The extra cost is not enough to stop me from buying a set.

Will "Montara" originally issued as BNLA 551 - Aug. 12 & 14 1975 be on this set???? If so...might not be so good.... :mellow::mellow: as this is not one of my favorite Hutchersons....

Just a quick checkup at Mosaic: The Hutcherson (if it will be released) has all the straight ahead Jazz sessions from the 70's. The Gibbs was a slip of the tongue by Scott and won't happen.

Just a quick checkup at Mosaic: The Hutcherson (if it will be released) has all the straight ahead Jazz sessions from the 70's. The Gibbs was a slip of the tongue by Scott and won't happen.

I contacted Mosaic a couple years ago suggesting a cross-label Hutcherson/Land set, with the Hutcherson Blue Notes and the Land Cadet and Mainstream albums. They told me at the time they were actually working on the licensing for just such a set, but I've never heard any more on it.

I contacted Mosaic a couple years ago suggesting a cross-label Hutcherson/Land set, with the Hutcherson Blue Notes and the Land Cadet and Mainstream albums. They told me at the time they were actually working on the licensing for just such a set, but I've never heard any more on it.

Since then the major labels have become much more proprietry. From now on you can only look for packages from one source. If this wasn't true, the Oliver Nelson UA material would be on the Nelson set.

Onward to another Mosaic possibility: Now that Sony and BMG are "connected" MC should have little problem doing a Braxton/Arista set if he really wants to do it.