Because I like Bill Carrothers a lot (both as a soloist and as a pianist who contributes subtly to the group) and because Phil keeps growing, I slightly prefer the second CD, rec. 2002, ("Playful Intentions") to the first ("Sweet Transients"), rec. 2000, but they're both excellent. Great news that a third album in in the works.

Because I like Bill Carrothers a lot (both as a soloist and as a pianist who contributes subtly to the group) and because Phil keeps growing, I slightly prefer the second CD, rec. 2002, ("Playful Intentions") to the first ("Sweet Transients"), rec. 2000, but they're both excellent. Great news that a third album in in the works.

My thoughts - exactly!!

Clearly you guys don't have to ride the Green Line B branch on a routine basis. That train is still about 45 minutes away from reaching Phil.

(Beantown in-joke: the Green Line, especially the B train, is agonizingly slow.)

As I recall there is a stop every five feet, especially through BU.

I used to take the B line from Brighton into Kenmore Square for work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Chuck! I'm honored!

I was in San Diego recently-heard trumpet "legend" Don Ferrara lives there. Got a phone # now--I wanna' call him next visit out.True dat Don Ferrara is out there?

For those that don't know--that tune Chuck checked out, "Sunflower", was composed by Don Ferrara on the record by Lee Konitz, "Very Cool".