Ebay craziness

Two Mosaic auctions with misleading descriptions, stating the sets are OOP and rare: here and here.

That's what I want inscribed on my tombstone: Rare & Out of Print

Gary: Your link doesn't seem to be working or is it your linking skills upon which you invite comment? :P

try this

Oh if its is rare as rocking horse shit can the winner do me a copy please? :P

Nothing really rare about that one. From the description it looks like the presumed February 1962 broadcast from Birdland that was originally released on the bootleg Session label. That LP had tracks entitled 'Stuff I'm Partial Too' and the like.

The David Wild discography of Coltrane adds that these three titles are included in the Pablo 7CD Live Trane box and are attributed to Hamburg, November 25, 1961.

So much for bootlegs accuracy.

Bidding is at $90 with five days remaining.

Plenty of time for the current high bidder to realize what he's done and PRAY that someone more _______________ (I'll let you fill in the word) comes along to outbid him.

Wonder what max bid he's entered. $100?

:blink:

This bidder sandboybob apparently wants this set at any price. He put in a bid on Feb 1 and was outbid by one 55michelle. He then bid again on Feb3 to become the high bidder.

Anyone want to see if he's ______________________ enough to top another bid?

Edited by Ed Swinnich

This is pretty amazing also. A Lee Morgan set with five days to go, and it's already $200.00. I just wonder what price the Hank Mobley will fetch when it goes OOP?

I got a Lee Morgan set from Ebay .UK only about 4 months ago for about £60 (about $100) ! If the mosaic prices are going up like this in general it looks as if i'll never get the Larry Young or Andrew Hill :( .

Check those 2 Warne Marsh cd's : :o

Sax of a Kind and

For The Time Being

If the CD of Sax of a Kind is worth more than $200, how much is the LP copy worth?

Should I place my near mint copy in a bank safe? Along with my copy of the 'For the Time Being' CD? Know this was rich music but did not realise this was rich in the full sense of the word...

Check those 2 Warne Marsh cd's :  :o

Sax of a Kind and

For The Time Being

If the CD of Sax of a Kind is worth more than $200, how much is the LP copy worth?

Should I place my near mint copy in a bank safe? Along with my copy of the 'For the Time Being' CD? Know this was rich music but did not realise this was rich in the full sense of the word...

Pretty crazy. I have Sax of A Kind on lp as well. Good stuff but nowhere near my favorite.

This is pretty amazing also.  A Lee Morgan set with five days to go, and it's already $200.00.

The auction got the bidder "lepianiste" to bid against himself to get over the reserve.

Greater fool theory. :lol:

Once the reserve is met upping his bid won't affect the maximum bid as long as he's the high bidder.

Edited by J.A.W.

This is pretty amazing also.  A Lee Morgan set with five days to go, and it's already $200.00.

The auction got the bidder "lepianiste" to bid against himself to get over the reserve.

Greater fool theory. :lol:

Once the reserve is met upping his bid won't affect the maximum bid as long as he's the high bidder.

If the reserve was $200.oo and his earlier bids were below $200 the auction would show "reserve not met."

He would have to bid again to met the reserve. Unless you watched every bid, I assume that since he has bidded the last three times, he was bidding against himself to get to the reserve of $200.

lepianiste( 116) - Feb-05-04 07:04:01 PST

lepianiste( 116) - Feb-03-04 13:13:40 PST

lepianiste( 116) - Feb-03-04 13:13:01 PST

tube_map( 592) - Feb-04-04 19:07:43 PST

tube_map( 592) - Feb-04-04 19:07:37 PST

tube_map( 592) - Feb-04-04 19:07:30 PST

lepianiste( 116) - Feb-03-04 13:12:51 PST

lylek19( 66) - Feb-04-04 05:06:15 PST

lepianiste( 116) - Feb-03-04 13:12:39 PST

jazzmarkzhao( 1 ) - Feb-03-04 22:14:19 PST

lepianiste( 116)

He may have bidded over $200 on his last bid, but since no one else has bidded after him, the $200 will not increase has you have suggested.

Greater fool theory, because we are waiting for a greater fool to top his bid.

I don't suggest you try it, unless you want to waste your money. :lol:

Edited by Tjazz