J.J. Johnson & Mildred Bailey Moved To "Last Chance"

Another strong endorsement for the Johnson set. If you're thinking to yourself (as I did before purchasing the set) "I don't know if I can take THAT much trombone" ... you're in for a surprise. Jay Jay's musicianship is really astonishing. This is a landmark box set, and something that, not too far down the road, will likely yield insane prices on e-Bay. Best to plunk down the bucks now. If you end up not liking it, you can always resell and (probably) make a profit.

Erik, you gotta get the J.J. set. :excited:

Have you had any recent communication with Stephan about the zweitausendeins order? :blink:

Mosaic order just placed - the JJ, along with the Dizzy & Chambers Selects. <sigh>

And yep, I've been in weekly contact with Stephan. He assured me the order shipped on March 11th (late due to the warehouse change supposedly). And they shipped with DHL economy airmail, which supposedly takes 12-20 working days to arrive (which would have been April 7th).

He told me if it hadn't arrived by this past Monday, he would contact DHL to look for the missing parcel, and prepare a replacement shipment. ...I HOPE that's what's happening now. That was a big order I placed -- I guess I should have placed a smaller order first, to see how well it worked, before plunging in.

I don't mind the wait, as long as I know it will arrive - the prices are still fantastic. But it's been frustrating for sure. I expected this during the first week in March or so.

That's annoying--I'm sure it's been frustrating. I placed an order with Stephan on March 30th for the Coltrane Prestige, Modern Jazz Quartet and Contemporary Records Story boxes, and received them this past Monday, April 10th. Regardless of the price, which was incredible for these 3 sets, I am very pleased with how quick they shipped the items and how quick they arrived in New York.

I'm sure they'll make it right whatever happened. And I think you'll love the JJ Mosaic set--it's one of my favorites.

Edited by jeffrey r

Have you had any recent communication with Stephan about the zweitausendeins order? :blink:

Mosaic order just placed - the JJ, along with the Dizzy & Chambers Selects. <sigh>

No need to sigh....once you listen to that JJ set, you'll be kicking yourself for waiting so long to get it! Still my favorite Mosaic set.

Don't feel bad, Ag.........I just got one this week, too.

From what I've heard, so far.......worth it!

Got my Bailey set - will have to go without food for two months, I guess... haven't played any of it yet, but started reading the booklet and wow... at over 40 pages this must be the fattest booklet among the ones I have (Capitol probably being second). Looks great, and I'm looking forward to hearing the music, too, as soon as I'm in the mood for vocal jazz of this vintage!

Mosaic order just placed - the JJ, along with the Dizzy & Chambers Selects.

Order placed Thursday, arrived today! That's a quick turnaround, given the Easter weekend AND tax deadline! :tup

JJ Set #4885.

Dizzy #3774, & PC #2558, if anyone's keeping track of those...

Got my Bailey set - will have to go without food for two months, I guess... haven't played any of it yet, but started reading the booklet and wow... at over 40 pages this must be the fattest booklet among the ones I have (Capitol probably being second). Looks great, and I'm looking forward to hearing the music, too, as soon as I'm in the mood for vocal jazz of this vintage!

The Dean Benedetti Book is quite a tome as well.

Don't make me start regretting not getting the Mildred set. Damn !.. :g