amhed abdul malik solo lp on NEW JAZZ

Actually there are a total of four:

- The Music of Ahmed Abdul-Malik - New Jazz 8266

- Sounds of Africa - New Jazz 8282

(both contained on Prestige twofer CD - PRCD24279-2 Jazz Sounds of Africa - with Tommy Turrentine, Eric Dixon and Richard Williams)

- Jazz Sahara - Riverside 12-287 (reissued on Original Jazz Classics OJCCD-1820-2)

(this has Johnny Griffin)

- East Meets West - RCA Living Stereo LSP-2015 (reissued on RCA CD which you have)

The latter two are a little more Hard-bop-tinged, but they are all equally good.

Actually there are a total of four:

(both contained on Prestige twofer CD - PRCD24279-2 Jazz Sounds of Africa - with Tommy Turrentine, Eric Dixon and Richard Williams)

- Jazz Sahara - Riverside 12-287 (reissued on Original Jazz Classics OJCCD-1820-2)

(this has Johnny Griffin)

- East Meets West - RCA Living Stereo LSP-2015 (reissued on RCA CD which you have)

The latter two are a little more Hard-bop-tinged, but they are all equally good.

I recently downloaded the Prestige twofer from emusic.com and like it a lot. I'd never heard any of his recordings before. A real find for me. Is the RCA in print?

• 7 months later...

Both are contained on Jazz Sounds of Africa - with Tommy Turrentine, Eric Dixon and Richard Williams.

I recently downloaded the Prestige twofer from emusic.com and like it a lot. I'd never heard any of his recordings before. A real find for me. Is the RCA in print?

I recently did the same thing (— downloaded from eMusic). My first exposure to Malik as a leader. Great stuff! Too bad Prestige had to create such an ugly cover for the two-fer. I much prefer the simpler version from Sounds -- attached below.

can't you start to at least write the names of these musicians correctly, first it would be showing a little bit of respect, and second one could actually find the threads when doing a search...

I have the twofer and one of the others, all very fine music!

I like all of his stuff but, for what it's worth, I like the RCA album better than the Prestige albums. I have the vinyl reissue of the RCA album, but I'm not sure if it's on CD yet.

RCA Spain reissued this on CD several years ago!

RCA France, too (I have it that way).

luca

I like all of his stuff but, for what it's worth, I like the RCA album better than the Prestige albums. I have the vinyl reissue of the RCA album, but I'm not sure if it's on CD yet.

RCA Spain reissued this on CD several years ago!

RCA France, too (I have it that way).

luca

Me too.