are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put in an order for the three Westons... this hurts a bit, but I don't want to miss them! 41 bucks from CDU (using the big-O links the first time!)...

From the Concord site (i.e., Summer Blowout Sale), it appears that the only Weston about to go OOP is "Get Happy", FWIW.

I've also been buying more OJCs recently, many discounted ones (the non-remastered european editions) but also some normally priced discs that I wouldn't want to miss. I ordered them at CD Universe, for $9-13, as they are 15-18 Euro here.

The OJC proportion of my CD collection has more than doubled in the recent months.

I received my order last night and it appears that Concord made a couple of mistakes. I didn't get San Francisco Suite and Tom Ball's Guitar Music at all, even though they were on the packing slip, and I did get Dale Miller's Fingerpicking Rags, even though I didn't order it.

Naturally I blame you guys for calling in all the time and rushing them.

I received my order last night and it appears that Concord made a couple of mistakes. I didn't get San Francisco Suite and Tom Ball's Guitar Music at all, even though they were on the packing slip, and I did get Dale Miller's Fingerpicking Rags, even though I didn't order it.

Call Jackson--he'll make it right. :tup

Interesting, looking at the sale today, they have added some new titles -- at least two new Art Peppers and some others.

Hmm...I see Ballads By Five, Meets the Rhythm Section and Winter Moon, all of which were offered up when I ordered in July. Though I know from past reports, especially in the Coltrane section, discs come & go repeatedly. Are there more than 3 Pepper discs that you're seeing?

And what on earth I am doing looking at the Concord sale again!

Edited by Quincy

Interesting, looking at the sale today, they have added some new titles -- at least two new Art Peppers and some others.

Hmm...I see Ballads By Five, Meets the Rhythm Section and Winter Moon, all of which were offered up when I ordered in July. Though I know from past reports, especially in the Coltrane section, discs come & go repeatedly. Are there more than 3 Pepper discs that you're seeing?

Darn! I ordered three time, and never saw "Ballads By Five" or "Winter Moon." Maybe old age played its part, and you're right, I, too, should just keep far away from that site.

Edited by Matthew

Darn! I ordered three time, and never saw "Ballads By Five" or "Winter Moon." Maybe old age played its part, and you're right, I, too, should just keep far away from that site.

I'm pretty confident that Winter Moon will come back as a Concord RVG, or something not named K2. I think it was missing the 2nd time I ordered but I already had a copy that I got "on sale" for $11.29 from a few years earlier.

Gee, if they do a Fall or Winter Blowout Sale, we'll just have to tell our loved ones that we're not giving out holiday gifts this year. ;)

Gee, if they do a Fall or Winter Blowout Sale, we'll just have to tell our loved ones that we're not giving out holiday gifts this year. ;)

Or else tell them that this year we're giving them the gift of music, i.e., that we're going to let them listen to our new Concord CDs. :excited:

Or else tell them that this year we're giving them the gift of music, i.e., that we're going to let them listen to our new Concord CDs. :excited:

Our buy 100+, and give out two or three as presents. "See, I did spend that money on presents."

This is so fucked up. Why would titles that were dropped come back?

I made an order last week, and two titles were dropped since.

So the following could happen:

1) I get them anyway, because I ordered last week and they have already been 'saved' for me. Doubtful, seeing how slow they are.

2) I don't get them, and they never appear again. Oh well, I'll live.

3) I don't get them, and they show up again in two weeks. I don't plan to make another order (don't even mention the possibility of a winter blow-out!), so I'll never get them. This would piss me off. I already had to do without the Milt Jackson K-2.

Should I call Action Jackson and have him somehow make sure he scours up these two titles for me, or is this beyond his reach? It might be worth the call - I really want the Wallington.

Bertrand.

Should I call Action Jackson and have him somehow make sure he scours up these two titles for me, or is this beyond his reach?

Nothing is beyond the reach of the Great and Powerful Jackson. :blink: If you call him and bitch about the inequity of the situation, he may be able to call the warehouse and get some results.

Our buy 100+, and give out two or three as presents. "See, I did spend that money on presents."

:g

I like the way you think!

Nothing is beyond the reach of the Great and Powerful Jackson. :blink: If you call him and bitch about the inequity of the situation, he may be able to call the warehouse and get some results.

:lol:

I told "Action" that he had developed a cult following on this board. I'm gonna call his ass up tomorrow and insist that he read this thread! :g

Call Jackson--he'll make it right. :tup

Indeed he did. I even get to keep the Miller CD "as a gift from Concord"!

I have no intention of bitching.

I'l just sing his praises and ask him gently if he can rustle up a Wallington for me.

Bertrand.

This board is *really* bad for my wallet! I hadn't even heard of the big Concord sale before I started reading here only a few days ago, and now, I've ordered 62 cds. I have no idea how many I'll actually get, but at $3 a pop, what tiny, insignficant, wispy resistance I *usually* mount to such an order disappeared immediately! :D