Upcoming Concord/Fantasy releases

Aggie87

Not sure if any of these have received mention here yet.

From musictap.net:

Fantasy Records has several jazz titles planned for artists like:

Cannonball Adderley (Quintet in San Francisco - March 6)

Thelonius Monk (Thelonius Monk Plays Duke Ellington - March 6)

Wes Montgomery (Full House - March 6)

Kenny Dorham (Jazz Contrasts - March 6)

Joe Henderson (Power to the People - March 6)

Other jazz titles are being delivered by Concord Jazz and are:

an as yet untitled effort from Kurt Elling (February 27)

Live: The "Authorized Bootleg from Joey DeFrancesco (March 6)

Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz from Brad Mehldau (March 6)

Findings from Benny Reid (February 27)

an as yet untitled album scheduled for Paul Brown (February 27).

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will mark the first time Power To The People has appeared on a stand-alone CD in the U.S.

This is welcome news. I passed on the box due to my usual wariness of box sets, and got the individual titles I wanted most. This one has been highly praised here, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Bertrand.

Not that I know or even guess that these are going to be RVGs, but I think "Plays Duke Ellington" was an RVG recording.

And it was one of those K-2s that were a part of the Concord Sumer sale. Looks like they're getting off the K-2 train, and hopping aboard the RVG bandwagon now. Though how the RVG is going "improve" upon that K-2, I don't know. I wonder if we'll be seeing any K-24bit cds from Concord.

I think we had pretty much figured out that they were deep-sixing the 20-bit series, which is a shame. RVG seems to be the route now. Has he discovered the Fountain Of Youth? Seeing his age (late seventies, I believe), it hardly seems like a long-term plan. Not to be too morbid or anything :P

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Joe Henderson is the first time Concord has put out a CD from the Fantasy vault that was not already available as a single CD in one series or another.

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

Power To The People is one of THE absolute best Joe Hen albums, ever!!!

Run, don't walk!! :excited:

About damn time this came out as a domestic US release (and in a standard case). Should have happened 10 or 15 years ago. It's a crime that the world had to wait until 2007 for this to see wide release on CD.

B00005A8L2.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Another musictap update:

Fantasy has a small list of remastered jazz titles in the pipeline for 2007. In this list, you can expect reissued albums for:

Booker Ervin (The Freedom Book - 1963)

Tadd Dameron (Mating Call - 1956)

Roland Kirk w/Jack McDuff (Kirk's Works - 1963)

Roy Haynes/ Phineas Newborn/ Paul Chambers (We Three - 1958)

Thelonius Monk (Trios - 2004)

All of these albums are on the schedule for a May 1, 2007 release date. Mark it down.

Edited by Aggie87

correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Joe Henderson is the first time Concord has put out a CD from the Fantasy vault that was not already available as a single CD in one series or another.

Good. This should generate some cash flow, allowing them to release more from Michael Bolton... or are they going to overdub him on this?

correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Joe Henderson is the first time Concord has put out a CD from the Fantasy vault that was not already available as a single CD in one series or another.

Good. This should generate some cash flow, allowing them to release more from Michael Bolton... or are they going to overdub him on this?

This cover is a little bit scary...

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Bolton/dp/B0...TF8&s=music