Most depressing Mosaic

I mean it in a good way. Of the currently in print Mosaics, I'd like to know which people like to listen to when they want to hear something that is more contemplative or melancholy, the kind of music you want to listen to while pouring yourself a stiff drink and pondering the futility of human existence.

Most depressing for me is the Freddie Redd on vinyl.

The reason is that I found it used for a very good price (at Stereo Jack's BTW), but scratched it badly the first time I listened to it! Just one track, but it still stings. (Tick... tick... tick... )

That was a long time ago, though.

I mean it in a good way. Of the currently in print Mosaics, I'd like to know which people like to listen to when they want to hear something that is more contemplative or melancholy, the kind of music you want to listen to while pouring yourself a stiff drink and pondering the futility of human existence.

Hmmmmmm....

They don't HAVE a Hank Williams Mosaic...

Hmmmmmm....

......or a Leonard Cohen........

Hmmmmmm....

......or a Leonard Cohen........

Leonard Cohen Complete Columbia Recordings- 6 CD with 48 pages booklet including all the lyrics.

I'd buy something like that in a snap.

Leaving aside the "one that went OOP before I could buy it" rejoinder, I'd say the Charles Brown. I like to throw that one on late at night when I'm in a funk.

I'm jealous! The Charles Brown is at the top of my list of Mosaics I regret not getting.

I saw him at the 1991 New Orleans Jazzfest, and he was much better than I expected. I grew up hearing Please Come Home For Christmas each year on the radio, and in '89 I got a tape of the album it came from. I think it cost $2.99!

So at the Jazzfest I didn't expect much, but I thought for old times' sake I would check him out. And he was great!

If I had had the moolah at the time I would have gotten the Mosaic for sure, but I guess all of us can say that about one Mosaic or another.