Christmas songs you absolutely HATE!

Big Al

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the little drummer boy should have his sticks placed where the sun don't shine and not be allowed to return until he can come up with a decent present.

The version on Ray Charles' Christmas album isn't too bad. I usually hate that song, but Ray does some good "rump-a-bum-buming," especially when he starts doing it behind the beat...

I think the little drummer boy should have his sticks placed where the sun don't shine and not be allowed to return until he can come up with a decent present.

The version on Ray Charles' Christmas album isn't too bad. I usually hate that song, but Ray does some good "rump-a-bum-buming," especially when he starts doing it behind the beat...

Agreed!! I think almost everything on that album is golden. The Spirit Of Christmas is another absolute gem from that album.

Damn, I need to crank that one up when I get home tonight!

The one Christmas song I really don't like is Grandma Got Runover By A Reindeer. Partially funny the very first time, teeth gratingly irritating everytime after.

ONCE IN LA CHEWY HEARD, THAT BOWIE AND THE CROS SPENT ALL NIGHT AND EARLY MORNING IN THE STUDIO RAILING LINES OF HIPPO (coke) and they recorded like seven or eight songs, or bits of material, with adrian belew on guitar and tony visconti producing. dont know if its on any bowie bootlegs though.....

I love Christmas! It's just a very happy time of year for my family. We all know Christmas isn't just about the lights, the music, the gifts, the food, but it's all nice. If there's one time of year that makes me feel great, it's Christmas! I don't wanna sound mean, but I hate when people say they hate Christmas. They must be living miserable lives!

:tup I enjoy Christmas as well!

So shoot me:

I like Bobby Helms' "Jingle Bell Rock". I like John Lennon's Christmas 45, tho I'm not sure of the name - "And So This Is Christmas"?. And I like Aaron Neville - even have the Christmas CD that came out a few years ago and play it once or twice each season.

Can't stand Burl Ives' "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas".

Has anyone read the book on Burl Ives and John Cage? This is a serious question. I saw it in a catalog about ten years ago, but never ordered it. The whole idea of a book pairing that twosome intrigued me.

Are you sure that's not Charles Ives?

Man, it's amazing how people can view the same music differently, ain't it??? I have to agree, the Paul McCartney tune really grates on me these days(Didn't always) I kinda like Lennon's song. I love Christmas Wrapping! (Waitresses)What's wrong with you morons??? :P How can one not like the Christmas Song, when Nat King Cole sings it??? They could chop the repetitive ending off, I think she had a sexy voice. I even like the little drummer boy song(The Atheists in the house seem to dislike it most of all it seems ^_^ ) Heck, Rockin' around the Christmas tree is fine with me.

I do have a problem with all the lame versions of the Christmas "classics" I hear on the radio these days. I feel like some sort of payola must be in effect for stations to play some up and coming country nobody warbling White Christmas, instead of Bing. I assume everyone has a station in their town that just goes all Christmas music, all the time nowadays? Man, I think there are 2-3 of them in Atlanta right now!

Even with all the crap Christmas music and many a Xmas spent in retail hell, I refused to allow it to kill my love of the season.

Here is a you tube give from me to you....this should make you beg to hear even your most hated Christmas song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nuNiFgcLYI

• 11 months later...

I still like White Christmas, much of my "like" being nostalgia-based, but there is only one Christmas song performance I never tire of and would not ever wash into oblivion: Mahalia Jackson' Apollo recording of Silent Night.

As far as I'm concerned, they can destroy all of Mahalia's Columbia recordings of that song.