This is Weird - Forums Look Like Old Style List of Posts

Dan Gould

I recently install a new Mozilla Firefox update, so I wonder if that's what is causing my current situation, which is that when I open a thread, the first post shows as normal, but below is that is a list of subsequent posts, like the once common really old BB software would show. And even weirder, if I click on a post by someone I've put on Ignore, its like it defaults to the first post in the thread, with no "click here to see this post" link.

Is this weird or what? :blink:

I did launch IE and discovered that the board looks perfectly normal on that browser.

Did Jim do something to the board?

Edited by Dan Gould

I recently install a new Mozilla Firefox update, so I wonder if that's what is causing my current situation, which is that when I open a thread, the first post shows as normal, but below is that is a list of subsequent posts, like the once common really old BB software would show. And even weirder, if I click on a post by someone I've put on Ignore, its like it defaults to the first post in the thread, with no "click here to see this post" link.

I did launch IE and discovered that the board looks perfectly normal on that browser.

maybe (!) this is the same problem, randy twizzle had in a recent thread... click on Options on the upper right corner of the first post in the thread; the last three options on the card that opens switch between three different display modes; "Standard" is the one you want, Linear+ or Outline is the one you currently have

maybe (!) this is the same problem, randy twizzle had in a recent thread... click on Options on the upper right corner of the first post in the thread; the last three options on the card that opens switch between three different display modes; "Standard" is the one you want, Linear+ or Outline is the one you currently have

Thanks, Niko! :cool:

That all looks like Firefox sets your options to default when installing an update instead of keeping your personal setup ... Next time before updating, copy your setup file to some other folder and try re-inserting it at the proper place after updating in case the same problem occurs.

At least that's the way it would work with Opera, which always keeps one's personal setup options when updating.

Edited by mikeweil

I've now figured out why this changed for me. Its GOOGLE!

I had searched for something on the board using Google because I knew the search function here was worthless. When I clicked on the link, that was when the thread appeared in the "linear" format, and it was as if the settings had been permanently altered.

Now, I just went back to Google, and the same thing happened.

I've got no idea why Google is displaying hits on this site in that format. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think it's deeper than that, Jim, at least with the Mac Tiger <---> Camino bc 1) the trees came up without any search stuff at all, just regular view & 2) this is NOT the only site with quirky behavior... anybody else messing w/ Camino 1.0.4 besides edc?

No experience with Camino. I have been happy running Firefox on OS X 10.4.8. The only issues I have here are the previously mentioned issues when using google to search.

What advantages is Camino suppose to have over Firefox?

Edited by (BB)

What advantages is Camino suppose to have over Firefox?

I rounds off the edges on some buttons that appear as squares & rectangles in Firefox. :lol: Honestly, that's the main reason why I use it instead of Firefox. Mr. Superficial, that's me.

There was a time when Safari & this board didn't seem to get along, though I imagine that passed quite some time ago. Also had problems with Java apps & Safari, so I added both Firefox & Camino. I use Firefox for Zillow and a few other sites that don't seem to be Camino friendly. If I recall right, Safari hired away a bunch of programmers away from Camino way back when (when Camino was went by another name.)

Edited by Quincy

friend, nobody said he was wrong but for some mac/camino users like edc there's other stuff happening too. i try to spend as LITTLE time as possible on technical shit so mozilla, firefox, camino... ???

Camino is based on Mozilla.

Don't try to spend as little time as possible on technical shit - spend NO time on technical shit.

For a year, the O-Forum was the only thing that crashed Safari on me -

constantly...consistently...about every 5 to 10 minutes.

So, I changed over to Firefox and all's been great.

I love the Firefox add-on called Yoono,

so I don't see myself going back to Safari

(unless I want to save a YouTube movie, then Safari is ace!)

R~~

---

Now playing: Terry Riley with Don Cherry - Untitled I

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing the same thing now.... :huh: