20 Worst Album Covers

GA Russell

My top three bad album covers (cited elsewhere, but I love showing them off) are as follows:

81455.jpg

Oooohhh yeah! J.T. the badass! Fire and rain, baby!

B000026E0J.02._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

What in the world is Neil doing with his hands here? He looks like he's channelling Jim Morrison...

51jfaQdrr5L._AA240_.jpg

This one takes the prize as one of the worst album covers of all time. Who thought this was a good idea? Did someone really believe that making Kenny look like the King of the Fruitcakes was going to move records?

All of this just goes to show: Wussy rock stars and live album covers DO NOT MIX!

My top three bad album covers (cited elsewhere, but I love showing them off) are as follows:

81455.jpg

What in the world is Neil doing with his hands here? He looks like he's channelling Jim Morrison...

51jfaQdrr5L._AA240_.jpg

This one takes the prize as one of the worst album covers of all time. Who thought this was a good idea? Did someone really believe that making Kenny look like the King of the Fruitcakes was going to move records?

All of this just goes to show: Wussy rock stars and live album covers DO NOT MIX!

Oh, I don't know... they look like what they are, don't they?

MG

81455.jpg

Bwahahaha! Did not know about that one. And um, great title there too James.

51jfaQdrr5L._AA240_.jpg

But if it helped make Yacht Rock possible, it was worth it. Episode 2 features Loggins. :)

There are good album covers and then there are the rest. It's not going to keep me from buying something if it looks dumb, as long as the music is interesting.

FWIW: I'm surprised some of those cheapo America jackets aren't somehow making their way in here... and despite Carol Goss's video synthesizing street-cred, most IAI releases' artwork bug the shit out of me.

...or Gene Simmons. When I first saw the album, I thought Gene had taken the makeup off.

Y'ever notice you never see Neil Diamond and Gene Simmons in the same place? Sorta like how you never see Paul Stanley and Cher in the same place? :w

Revvin' up your engine

Listen to her howlin' roar

Metal under tension

Beggin' you to touch and go

Highway to the Danger Zone

Ride into the Danger Zone

Headin' into twilight

Spreadin' out her wings tonight

She got you jumpin' off the track

And shovin' into overdrive

Highway to the Danger Zone

I'll take you