Preparing for exile in what could be a hostile land

pollock

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all really...weird. Why are people still posting to this thread? What is it that's being discussed here? Weird. I've been reading all this for the past couple of days and that's the only word that comes to mind. Weird.

Welcome to Organissimo.

Now get the fuck out.

-_-

Anita O'Day had Dan Hicks' babies, and we are them.

This is all really...weird. Why are people still posting to this thread? What is it that's being discussed here? Weird. I've been reading all this for the past couple of days and that's the only word that comes to mind. Weird.

What's weird? We all like to talk to each other, we have senses of humor (well, that's debatable! :crazy:), and threads are allowed to go off topic here. Sometimes better conversations evolve out of tangential comments, sometimes not.

It's not a dry, stiff, formal place here.

This thread is the pits. I don't give a crap about what goes on at other boards. We get along here fine, and you come in and stir up trouble. If there's not enough jazz here for you, no one is forcing you to stay. You must not have looked at any other threads. There's plenty enough for me here.

Kind words, JSngry. Thank you.

I think all folks really need to do is recognize that people are different. They are going to have different points of view. That's often an opportunity to learn something, IMO.

So, you know, a little humility can't hurt. My experience here is that that's how most members operate. That, and humor is not off limits, which ... thank God!

I really do sense a difference in the cultures of the two boards -- one is often quite serious, and it's not uncommon for members to offer their opinions with a super-sized portion of gravitas. The other more freewheeling and self-confident, I think.

... Just my view.

:tup

Personally, I think papsrus is a punk ass bitch. :angry:

Oh, wait . . . . . . sorry, I got mixed up. It's Sangrey who I think is a punk ass bitch. :blush:

Kind words, JSngry. Thank you.

I think all folks really need to do is recognize that people are different. They are going to have different points of view. That's often an opportunity to learn something, IMO.

So, you know, a little humility can't hurt. My experience here is that that's how most members operate. That, and humor is not off limits, which ... thank God!

I really do sense a difference in the cultures of the two boards -- one is often quite serious, and it's not uncommon for members to offer their opinions with a super-sized portion of gravitas. The other more freewheeling and self-confident, I think.

... Just my view.

:tup

Personally, I think papsrus is a punk ass bitch. :angry:

Oh, wait . . . . . . sorry, I got mixed up. It's Sangrey who I think is a punk ass bitch. :blush:

:rfr Aw man ... and I was gettin' all warm and fuzzy there for a second. Damn.

... :crazy:

Edited by papsrus

I don't want to sound like too much of a kiss-ass, but I'm relatively new around these parts, mainly because even being a lurker at the other board ceased to be fun. I've posted here and there, but I've been taking my time, partially because I feel like I'm getting my sea legs around here, and partly because the archives are blowing my mind. A ton of stuff I would normally love discussed has already been covered and in such depth that I don't think I could add much to the conversation, only go to my jazz collection and listen to things I've loved for years with new ears. I'm sure I'll jump in more soon, but in the mean time... damn the discussion on AOTW on "The Blues And The Abstract Truth" alone is worth lurking around here. Hell, you guys have me wrestling with Scott Hamilton, a cat I wrote off ages ago. Thanks!

Um... one liner... Here we go. (Stolen from cartoonist Eddie Campbell)

She: Can Jackson Pollock's art be justified?

He: He's a drip.

I don't want to sound like too much of a kiss-ass, but I'm relatively new around these parts, mainly because even being a lurker at the other board ceased to be fun. I've posted here and there, but I've been taking my time, partially because I feel like I'm getting my sea legs around here, and partly because the archives are blowing my mind. A ton of stuff I would normally love discussed has already been covered and in such depth that I don't think I could add much to the conversation, only go to my jazz collection and listen to things I've loved for years with new ears. I'm sure I'll jump in more soon, but in the mean time... damn the discussion on AOTW on "The Blues And The Abstract Truth" alone is worth lurking around here. Hell, you guys have me wrestling with Scott Hamilton, a cat I wrote off ages ago. Thanks!

Um... one liner... Here we go. (Stolen from cartoonist Eddie Campbell)

She: Can Jackson Pollock's art be justified?

He: He's a drip.

:rofl:

whew...

anyway...you're in the right place for the music! Stick around...

thought i'd post this link for anyone seeking a less hostile alternative... looks pretty harmless at first sight, not many posters there at present so it's still easy to dominate discussions

http://forums.jazz.com/

Hey, there's a DJ in Gainesville with a handle of Jazzbo!

MG

thought i'd post this link for anyone seeking a less hostile alternative... looks pretty harmless at first sight, not many posters there at present so it's still easy to dominate discussions

http://forums.jazz.com/

Hey, there's a DJ in Gainesville with a handle of Jazzbo!

MG

now lets all go there and be really hostile! :ph34r:

(btw: why are these words all so closely related/taken from the same latin word - host, hostage, hostile?! is that all just shades of one thing, really, if you take someone hostage, be hostile or be a good host?)