Look out Austin...Shawn's comin'!!!!

Almost 5 years ago I moved away from Texas, basically spurred on by a flurry of depression-induced mania. Ever since that time I've been meandering around the country from state to state, job to job...basically chasing my tail. Countless times during that period I thought about returning, but the opportunity didn't present itself. I lived in Dallas before, but really wanted to settle in Austin if the stars aligned correctly for me. They've aligned, baby!

I applied for and received a transfer with my present employer to our Austin location! I'll be arriving the 2nd week of June.

I must say that few times in my life has anything ever felt more "right". I don't feel like I'm being pulled there as much as being pushed by something greater than myself. In a way it feels like I've awakened from a half-decade coma. When I visited Austin this past Christmas I didn't want to leave, it was painful to get on the plane and fly back to Virginia. That was the final sign that I needed to start working towards my goal of returning to Texas.

I'm EXCITED!!!!!

:excited:

Good for you, Shawn. And I think I know someone who'll enjoy having you nearby. :)

Yes, I've even decided to invest in mosquito netting to put over the couch on the porch! :D

Shawn is going to stay with me for a bit and I'm hoping to interest him in renting an apartment at either of the great complexes right near me (the Triangle or the Central Park ones).

I think he's going to be very happy here.

Congrats Shawn, and welcome back to Texas!

Austin's my favorite place in Texas, though you obviously know enough about it that you're not going in "blind". Would be great to have a casual Austin hang with everyone in the area some time. Maybe meet up for a Soulstream/Mike Flanigin B-3 show at the Continental Club or something.

PS - Ron, I'm sure after 30 years, the Statute of Limitations for any misdemeanors you committed has expired, so you'd be welcome back for a visit too!

Edited by Aggie87

Kerby Lane now has three locations. . . the original on Kerby Lane, one on South Lamar sort of just south of Oltorf, and the third on Guadalupe, where Conan's Pizza used to be on Guadalupe.

The original is still the best, though the Guadalupe location is very good and I end up going there more often. (Though I live closer to the original!)