THIS MONTH IS OUR 8TH ANNIVERSARY!

This month we are officially celebrating our 8th anniversary together as a group! :tup:party:

I came on board after being contacted by Jim, who had heard me on a Jimmy Forrest/Shirley Scott record and found out from organist Doug Decker that I lived nearby in Grand Rapids. I had just split up an organ trio I had put together in 1996 with 2 guys who weren't at all interested in recording or gigging so the timing was perfect. I got together at Jim's dad's house for a jam with the boys and knew this was going to work! :)

Anybody around west Michigan can help us celebrate this Thursday in Grand Rapids at Founders Founders Brewing Co.

235 Grandville Ave SW, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503 in the tap room.. We start at 9:30 pm..

Check our calendar on myspace. We have 4 other gigs this month if you can't make it to Founders.

http://www.myspace.com/organissimo

Congrats guys! You're getting a dime? Apiece? Man, I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.

I remember hearing organissimo for the first time in Flint back in '02 at a benefit for my good friend and mentor Joe Freyre. And now, six years later, you're better than ever and have a #1 disc on CMJ. In eight more years I expect you will all be rich and famous. Until then I'll just enjoy hearing you around the Lansing area whenever I can. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Small Planet again on December 14th. And be sure to bring someone to man the door and collect the cover or you might not get that dime.