Ethical Dilemma

About a month ago, I ordered the Tony Williams Select. When it arrived, I realized I already owned it. I contacted Mosaic to see if I could return the Williams and order another Select in its stead. No problem. I asked them to substitute the new Denny Zeitlin. Again, no problem. On Thursday, I received the package, but when I opened it, I saw that in addition to the Zeitlin, they had also sent me the John Handy Select.

What is the right thing to do?

Up over and out.

Definitely contact them and let them know of the mistake. I expect that they'll send you a prepaid mailer, so that you won't have to pay (even temporarily) for any extra postage. (That's what Berkshire Record Outlet has done for me in the past, and Mosaic's customer service should be at least as good. <_<)

Mosaic, more than just about anyone, has done right by me enough that I would fess up for their mistake. I would do the same for the likes of Newbury. If you end up buying & not wanting the Handy, let us know and I'm sure someone here will jump on it!

Inasmuch as you're baring your soul to the board, it sounds like you've already decided to do the right thing. Cheers! :)

About a month ago, I ordered the Tony Williams Select. When it arrived, I realized I already owned it. I contacted Mosaic to see if I could return the Williams and order another Select in its stead. No problem. I asked them to substitute the new Denny Zeitlin. Again, no problem. On Thursday, I received the package, but when I opened it, I saw that in addition to the Zeitlin, they had also sent me the John Handy Select.

What is the right thing to do?

Up over and out.

Do the right thing. I received from Mosaic's staff any kind of help and availability. But I do the same with Amazon...

I would have to concur... They have been OFF the charts when it comes to customer service.... :excl: :excl:

Now if it had happened with Amazon.com or target.com or something like that... I'd keep it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but given that it's Mosaic... call them... :)

that's my 2 cents...

Let them know. They deserve that sort of customer loyalty.