has the board been runnin' ssssllllooooowww

Soulstation1

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your hard work with the crank handle to get the old bus going again, Jim. I'll tighten the radiator cap, and we might just make it up to Old Zeke's before the crick rises.

And I don't have to look at the barfing smilie on "that other board" anymore. :D Who needs constipation when they can have that?

Over on AAJ Mike Ricci (xricci) has just deleted the "other forums" thread and replaced it with this.

I saw that.

I think it's cool he did an update thread for B3-er, but why delete the existing "other forums" thread?

He made it perfectly clear in a (now also deleted) post in that thread that he didn't like Org members posting only about Org and not taking part in discussions elsewhere on AAJ.

I can understand why Mike did that. It's still pretty gracious of him to allow a status thread for Jim.

Maybe it's time to consider a new back-up plan in case the Big O goes down again. Perhaps a mailing list that members can subscribe to? I know Jim can send a bulk email to all forum members as forum admin, but that's useless if he can't access the board.

That was weird.  Y'all got the "too many connections" error for a bit?

I reset the 'forumsessions' table in the admin panel and that seemed to clear it up.  Reason number 2 that we may need our own server.

If we do need a dedicated server and it's costly to maintain, how about the members of this board -- especially those that post most often -- donate a certain amount per month. Let's say, $5. $6? $7? Not a great sacrifice but if enough folks take part, it could really add up.

Obviously, anyone willing could join in.

Just a suggestion.

I'm leaning that way, definately... having own our server, I mean. So far the best deal I can find is $99 a month, which is not bad. I do not want to have mandatory donations, but with everyone's permission, if I decided to go the dedicated server route, I would make a post detailing the month's contributions and then everyone could see what we'd need to make up the difference.

Instead of posting names, I could post the time, date, and amount of the donation (that way you could tell it was yours without having your name out there).

I'm just thinking outloud here.