Bad news from Mosaic

J.A.W.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mosaic shipped my Pearson and Amy sets, but still no news from the Amazon seller from whom I ordered the Brookmeyer. I'm afraid this order will blow up in smoke as well.

Amazon marketplace sellers are too often listing items as being in stock that are in fact not ... :tdown ... they should do something about this.

Edited by mikeweil

yes indeed!

and we customers should kick EMIs ass for letting this whole thing happen in the first place!

I guess the EMI dinosaur's ass is waaaaay to big for them to notice anything even if they get kicked by a hundred O members at the same time! :D

Sorry ... I know how you feel, especially with you Amazon Marketplace buyers, this has often kept me from buying from certain vendors with oh so attractive prices (and I'm not even talking Mosaic there ;)).

I know this has been hashed out before but I don't know if there is a definitive answer on whether the Selects (or the big boxes for that matter) are distributed in numerical order or not. My Brookmeyer set is #4027 so if they are issued in numerical order, this one was getting up there and probably would have sold out in the fairly near future on its own.

I would like to put in a good word for CSB046 who PM'ed me a few days ago and recommended I buy the Brookmeyer from JazzLoft.com. I immediately placed an order and tonight I received a shipping notice with tracking number, so it appears this is a merchant that only offers products they have in stock. I will update this board once the package arrives to quell those fears of another King Ubu moment.

Thanks for the good word, and glad to hear you got a shipment notice!

I can confirm that I received my Brookmeyer set from Jazz Loft yesterday. I believe I got the shipment e-mail on Friday, which means it was reasonably fast shipping for media mail.

I'm probably going to regret not trying to get a Dexter Gordon set from someplace, but I was fortunate enough to acquire all of the OOP sets I really wanted (Bud Shank, Bob Brookmeyer, John Patton, Carmell Jones). Need to give my wallet a little time to recover!

(And I still have my eye on grabbing a Bennie Green set sometime before they disappear.)

I know this has been hashed out before but I don't know if there is a definitive answer on whether the Selects (or the big boxes for that matter) are distributed in numerical order or not. My Brookmeyer set is #4027 so if they are issued in numerical order, this one was getting up there and probably would have sold out in the fairly near future on its own.

Mosaic cofirmed a few years ago that the Selects are NOT distributed in numerical order (in fact, the newer Selects aren't even numbered, and the older ones were mechanically numbered during manufacture). The individually numbered big boxes, however, ARE generally sold in numerical order (they are assigned the next sequential number by computer--and that number is hand-written in the booklet--at the time of sale).

Edited by Ron S

I would like to put in a good word for CSB046 who PM'ed me a few days ago and recommended I buy the Brookmeyer from JazzLoft.com. I immediately placed an order and tonight I received a shipping notice with tracking number, so it appears this is a merchant that only offers products they have in stock. I will update this board once the package arrives to quell those fears of another King Ubu moment.

From the looks of it JazzLoft still has copies of the Brookmeyer, Dexter Gordon, and John Patton Selects for sale. Good luck.

Jazz Loft is good, but not perfect either. They had a Pullen Select listed in stock shortly after this thread started. I placed an order for it, got a order in process notice and received the OOS e-mail two days later. :rmad:

From the looks of it JazzLoft still has copies of the Brookmeyer, Dexter Gordon, and John Patton Selects for sale. Good luck.

Jazz Loft is good, but not perfect either. They had a Pullen Select listed in stock shortly after this thread started. I placed an order for it, got a order in process notice and received the OOS e-mail two days later. :rmad:

Yeah, me too. Alan at the Jazzloft called me because he had gotten like 12 orders in a day for the Pullen and only had one in stock. He was unaware of what had gone down at Mosaic and apparently does all the updating of his website manually.

Over run at the pressing plant. Do you expect them to destroy them?

Nope, just putting that out there.

Well, it's a minor quibble, but unless I'm missing the whole point of these numbers, I would expect 5,000 pressings available for sale to mean just that.

I'm all for Mosaic issuing as many sets as they can sell while they have access to the material, but the fact that they themselves use these numbers somewhat prominently in their promotional material indicates that Mosaic thinks the numbers are of some importance.

Amazon today e-mailed that the seller of the Brookmeyer (a Munich bookshop) had not confirmed shipment within the timespan pre-set for charging my credit card. You know what that means. I e-mailed the seller, anyway.

Since my funds for CDs are totally used up, I will stop hunting for now. Time will tell if used copies come within reach ...