Who would you like to make a Christmas album,

I'd like to get a new Christmas album this year. But I can't think of any that are around that I want.

So I started thinking about ones that AREN'T around that I want - because they haven't been recorded (yet). And here are the musicians I hope will release a Christmas album next November.

Fred Wesley - I think Fred could make a very partying kind of Christmas album. And I think plenty of people would buy it.

Bernard Purdie - a bit more partying, I guess.

Junior Mance - I think Junior could make a good album of well played Christmas songs that would last the whole year through.

Gene Ludwig - are you out there, Gene?

MG

Brian Eno

Fountains of Wayne (after all, they already have a good Christmas song in "I Want An Alien for Christmas")

Cyrus Chestnut

It must be understood up front that none of them can be allowed to cover "Little Drummer Boy."

Quite right, too: Organissimo have made the definitive version of that one.

MG

Don't want no Christmas music. Religious music and Jazz music. Why would one only listen to great music (Messiah) and crap (most of the rest) around a "holiday"?

I don't - I listen to crap all the time. :unsure:

Music is music and religion is something else.

Oh surely not! Seems to me they're both alternative ways of carrying on politics. :tophat:

MG