Steve Hoffman Forum

felser

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Hoffman forum. I don't go there very often, but my only gripe about that place is the toll it takes on my wallet. ;)

But then, I'm as OCD as they come, so all the attention to detail doesn't faze me a bit. It all seems normal to me.....

Edited by Big Al

I've been there the last few months mainly I think from boredom. What bothers me the most about the place these days is. . . the music that they seem to value so highly there is uninteresting to say the least. The Monkees. Those four gods of the modern age, the Beatles, I like them but man they're not the only game in town. Cheap Trick. On and on. So many threads and posts to skip.

And I have a feeling they'll kick me out soon because I don't own any Oppo components or want to! :)

It's a different place than this, but I guess vive la difference. Most of their heavies would likely be bored stiff here.

Edited by jazzbo

I've been there the last few months mainly I think from boredom. What bothers me the most about the place these days is. . . the music that they seem to value so highly there is uninteresting to say the least. The Monkees. Those four gods of the modern age, the Beatles, I like them but man they're not the only game in town. Cheap Trick. On and on. So many threads and posts to skip.

And I have a feeling they'll kick me out soon because I don't own any Oppo components or want to! :)

It's a different place than this, but I guess vive la difference. Most of their heavies would likely be bored stiff here.

Yeah, its a strange place to me also as its so Classic Rock oriented. Plus I will never get the folks who spend 200 grand on a stereo system to play Billy Joel remasters.

However some people really do know their stuff and its ok for some reviews on gear or new vinyl/cd remasters that might be of interest to me.

i mean, ive seen threads shut down beacuse it involved talk about raided/illegiallly copied material from Capitol and SH has interests in capitol so they shut the thread down, but i mean i seriously do not think the boards purpose is to promote SH's interests like someone just mentioned, i mean, yea they make threads about his new releases and stuff but there are THOUSANDS of threads....and the gorts u mentioned i havent seen what you have seen for me, they have only reshuffuled my posts every now and then, very rarely, like if i start a fleetwood mac mastering question about track 4 but theres already a thread about track 3, they might merge them, .....etc --god bless SH forums for teaching me what target-cds are. god bless them. my life is so much for the better thanks to Sh forums. god bless you sh forums. i love target cds so much. i cant believe i had no targets for so long. now i have like 42 of them. oh god how i love targets!!!

Edited by chewy