Wilkerson Texas Twister OJC $1.99 + ship

riverrat

Newbury Comics is selling the OOP Original Jazz Classics CD of Don Wilkerson Texas Twister for $1.99 plus shipping. Nice price for an OOP title that is also a nice session, easily compares with his Blue Note sessions, with maybe a little more fire...

They also have the SACD Hybrid pressing of Wynton Kelly Kelly Blue for $3.99.

Edited by riverrat

I don't understand MG's comment at all. To me, there is a real and impossible-to-miss stylistic difference. The Riversides are Wilkerson's jazz sides and the three BNs are his havin' a party/good time/R&B sides.

For some reason I have never gotten into the Riversides but regard the BNs as desert-island recordings. Well at least one or two are since there always seems to be a problem with space even though its a deserted island. :g

. For some reason I have never gotten into the Riversides but regard the BNs as desert-island recordings. Well at least one or two are since there always seems to be a problem with space even though its a deserted island. :g

I am just the opposite. The Blue Note sessions are nice, although I rarely listen to them. Texas Twister is by far my favorite and most played Wilkerson, along with the sides with Ray, of course.

I don't understand MG's comment at all. To me, there is a real and impossible-to-miss stylistic difference. The Riversides are Wilkerson's jazz sides and the three BNs are his havin' a party/good time/R&B sides.

For some reason I have never gotten into the Riversides but regard the BNs as desert-island recordings. Well at least one or two are since there always seems to be a problem with space even though its a deserted island. :g

Oh, well, straight ahead, as compared to, say, David Newman's "Mr Fathead" or "Keep the dream alive" or Stanley's "The look of love" etc etc.

Or, as compared to Fred Anderson or Ornette, say.

Jim knew what I meant.

MG

yes they do and I'm happy they've stuck it out while the Towers and Virgins went by the wayside.

there is a Starbucks right next to the N C store here and walking out with something from the rarely pawed jazz bins versus an overburnt beverage is a no brainer.

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

It's a small gripe, but I wish I could combine shipping on their Amazon items. A $1.99 item becoming a $4.98 item still makes it a fine deal, but knowing it all ships from the same location makes bulk ordering feel like a rip off-- on Amazon's part, not Newbury's.

Agreed, but unfortunately that is likely much of the appeal to sellers. I once read through some of the documentation on Amazon Marketplace and I seem to remember that Amazon kicks back at least a chunk of that $2.99 to the seller to "cover shipping and handling costs." So a canny seller can mark down their goods knowing that the price they'll get for it is almost $2.99 more for every item.

Does anyone know how bulk product uploads are done on Amazon by Marketplace sellers and what information a seller can download in bulk? I'm curious as to how "sticky" prices tend to be in the Marketplace and am wondering how easy it is for a Marketplace seller to get into a price war with other Marketplace sellers selling the same items.

Since I stayed home sick from work today, I was planning to flip through my full-color Fantasy catalog and see if they're any titles on my wish list that you can get for cheap this way. There must be a more scientific method :)

So you are saying that even if I combined two titles in one order, I still pay for shipping for each?

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand