Black Saint/Soul Note Box Sets

romualdo

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I don't know what happened here, it seems as if they didn't print enough on the first run as they sent out a lot of pre-orders, and the sets are now "coming soon" in the same stores that just shipped quantities.

I think before long there will be tons available.

So far I really love the Russell box. . . wasn't too familiar with these, had heard just a few titles. I think the remastering in these sets really stands out. . . in a great way.

That one is listed as number 9 in the series. Since they have so far released batches of four I'd say we should check back at their site soon for further additions. That said, I have almost all the Dixon...

I have about half of them but.......it would be nice to have the others and........they've been remastered so.......maybes I'll get it!

I wonder when the Andrew Hill will coming out? Now, that's one I'll almost certainly buy.

I emailed CAM to ask if they were going to be selling this batch of the direct like they did for the first sets. I didn't hear anything back, which suggests they might be on vacation?

<_<

I had some poor experiences of the likes with CAM customer-centric ways in the recent past.

This is disappointing, being italian myself. I'd not reccomend them.

GREAT news about the Dixon!

But my sets from France still haven't made it :mellow:

I would think that the only one of the Dixons that would need remastering would be Thoughts. Cranked to 2 o'clock on my amp it sounds great, but it's recorded at what seems like a pretty low dynamic level considering what I know to be the dynamics of the music. If memory serves, Bill wasn't too happy with how it came out, but he liked to have his stereo at full volume anyway :-)

Also, the liner notes to these releases should be made available somewhere, as they are certainly part of the package (not to mention the beautiful covers).

Just to recap because I can't remember if it was spelled out in detail here. If the price is similar at grooves-inc and amazon.fr, customers in the US will get a better deal at grooves-inc because shipping is free, whereas amazon.fr will charge you for international shipping outside of France/Switzerland/Benelux. Do I have that right? And grooves-inc generally has better prices than ordering from CAM Jazz directly?

Just to recap because I can't remember if it was spelled out in detail here. If the price is similar at grooves-inc and amazon.fr, customers in the US will get a better deal at grooves-inc because shipping is free, whereas amazon.fr will charge you for international shipping outside of France/Switzerland/Benelux. Do I have that right? And grooves-inc generally has better prices than ordering from CAM Jazz directly?

not 100% certain, but this is what i would have thought as well; unfortunately the Dixon, Motian and Russell boxes are not up on the grooves-inc site yet - so there's a small chance those will be expansive there,.,.,