Black Saint/Soul Note Box Sets

romualdo

Hope not... I want a Mal Waldron box, a Lacy box, a Muhal box, etc etc etc :)

:) Pullen, Roach, Bang, Dixon, Hemphill, Braxton... all the stuff that was hard to get, maybe out of fashion, when i started listening to jazz

Edited by Niko

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes yes yes! Bring them on... I hope the impression that these are selling well is indeed true and they'll go on with them for a while!

A Giorgio Gaslini box of later material might also be cool (though I have several of his discs from that time), to complement (the hopefully continuing) "Integrale" anthology!

Is the sound of the Haden and Threadgill boxes as awful as the sound samples that appear on CAM?

From CAM re: Threadgill -

A philological work, beginning with the original recordings on multi-track master tapes, patiently integrally remastered paying strict attention to the sound quality.

Does that answer your question?

Not really, but I ordered them both anyway. I see the next four boxes have been delayed until September 3rd, 2010.

How about a Billy Harper box? He did record the first album on the label, and they did name the label after him. Throw in the Soul Note 'In Europe' albums and you've got a nice set. Also looking forward to the Max Roach box.

I am excited about the Russell. I have some of these on vinyl. True I've got mixed feelings about them, but I think the set will be an excellent opportunity to think about Russell again. It will be a good price, I expect, and I am looking forward to it.

This one is definitely on my short list. Don't have any of the albums.

The scale of price is a bit out of whack , 23 Euros for the Bowie 3 cd set, while for the Taylor who has two more cds is 25 Euros.unsure.gif

For those wondering, talking about FNAC, found it on Amazon France with prices ranging from the Bowie at 18 Euros to Russell at 31.

Edited by Van Basten II

yes, that's weird, french amazon has prices of

which is similar (but a good deal nicer), similar relations at amazon.de (but add 15-20 Euro to the price...) still waiting for grooves-inc prices (Threadgill set is labeled sold out on the label's hompage btw)

• 1 month later...

yes, that's weird, french amazon has prices of

which is similar (but a good deal nicer), similar relations at amazon.de (but add 15-20 Euro to the price...) still waiting for grooves-inc prices (Threadgill set is labeled sold out on the label's hompage btw)

Since I'm not talented enough to find it on Amazon fr, will you be kind enough to give me a link?