Jeff Bridges on Blue Note

brownie

Bridges is a jazz fan - Bob Neloms told me a funny story - he was playing at a jazz club in Milan and between sets was talking to Jeff Bridges, who was in the audience. While they're talking there's a beautiful blond standing by, who obviously wants to talk to him or Bridges, and Neloms thinks, well, look at her, she's gotta be waiting to talk to Bridges - so he and Bridges finish their conversation, and it turns out she wants to talk to Bob, who's thinking, wow, look at her, she wants to talk to me! She walks up to him and says: "Do you know Jeff Fuller?" (a friend of ours, bass player from New Haven) -

It will be the Credence "best of" remastered from the original cassette played in "The Big Lebowsky". As you remember it was stolen during the shooting, but Steve Hoffmann's crew traced it down to a pawn shop at Santa Monica. Amazing story!

Both SACD and 45 rpm vinyl issues, of course.

She walks up to him and says: "Do you know Jeff Fuller?" (a friend of ours, bass player from New Haven) -

Reminds me of the time I was with an old friend, Norman, at a strip club (the Yellow Rose, about 1978 or so) and one of the most beautiful dancers walked up to him and grabbed his arm and asked "Are you Randy?" I burst out laughing and I seemed the only one who thought that was funny.

• 2 weeks later...

He is not alone:

41a%2BwD6YESL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hugh Laurie will release his debut album "Let Them Talk" on Warner Bros Records. A glorious celebration of New Orleans blues, "Let Them Talk" unites Laurie’s musical talent with a very personal selection of standards and lost blues classics performed with his band of renowned musicians and some very special guest stars.

Produced by Joe Henry and recorded at sessions in Los Angeles and New Orleans, "Let Them Talk" sees Laurie on vocals and piano heading a team of musicians whose previous collective credits include work with artists as varied as Greg Allman, Solomon Burke, Robert Plant, kd lang, T-Bone Burnett, Alison Krause and John Legend. Together, they interpret and revive songs originally recorded by NOLA blues legends such as Lead Belly, Robert Johnson, Ray Charles and Memphis Slim.

‘Let Them Talk’ also features collaborations with the Soul Queen of New Orleans Irma Thomas and Sir Tom Jones on the little known ‘Baby, please Make A Change’. Thomas also leads the vocals on ‘John Henry’, while Laurie’s lifelong hero Dr. John provides a momentous collaboration on ‘After You’ve Gone’. Another legend, the producer, musician and songwriter Allen Toussaint, contributes horn arrangements throughout.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Let-Them-Talk-Hugh-Laurie/dp/B004M7OLPM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304368609&sr=8-1