Les McCann LTD. in New York

bertrand

There are very few albums with tenor saxophonist Frank Haynes, one of my favourites, so I'd say grab it!

Haynes was on 3 of Dave Bailey's albums, Reaching Out (later reissued under Grant Green's name with the same title), Bash! (later reissued under Kenny Dorham's name as Osmosis) and Two Feet in the Gutter.

Edited by J.A.W.

There are very few albums with tenor saxophonist Frank Haynes, one of my favourites, so I'd say grab it!

Haynes was on 3 of Dave Bailey's albums, Reaching Out (later reissued under Grant Green's name with the same title), Bash! (later reissued under Kenny Dorham's name as Osmosis) and Two Feet in the Gutter.

Reaching Out was also reissued by Muse under Grant's name as Green Blues. Not sure if I never actually heard it or had it and let it go but I've been reintroduced to it thanks to a friend and am glad to have it. I particularly enjoyed "Flick of a Trick" being very familiar with it from its appearance on Dexter's Gettin' Around CD reissue.

As to the thread topic, I am surprised Bertrand would need encouragement to go for this one since Bobby Hutcherson is on it.