Complete Clifford Brown Emarcy recordings

bogdan101

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the original box wasn't bigger ... the Booklet is the size of a jewel case (not included inside, but next to the jewel cases in the box).

But what's missing is the bonus disc with one track (I think). Don't have the box handy, but that's no big omission, I think - just another alternate or rehearsal take, though a nice one.

Milestone Lee is some of my favorite Lee, with the exception of Peacemeal, which I find just too darn dry. But the rest of it more than makes up for it. Plenty more. YMMV, of course.

So, what are we saying here, that this new Italian set contains all Emarcy recordings and all OJC product, - the Vogue/Metronome/Tadd Dameron/Sonny Rollins dates, all of them too?

That's one big bunch of Brownie, that is!

When I click on the link of the OP tonight, I see that customers also bought Lee Konitz - The Milestone Albums for 22,76 euros.

I'm not familiar with that one (except the Duets album). Does anyone have an opinion of it?

http://www.amazon.it/The-Milestone-Albums-Lee-Konitz/dp/B007R3TH0W/ref=pd_sim_m_10

Satori, with Martial Solal, Dave Holland, and Jack DeJohnette, is one of my very favorite Konitz albums.

The incorporation of OJC under the Universal umbrella may only apply in Italy. Still, we do have imports.

I think Mike was making fun of all these reissues. There's no such set on Amazon Italia.

Not true. See the link in the original post.

Yep, you're right, it is that set, I got it wrong. I don't think it has Clifford Brown's complete sessions, though, just the EmArcy dates.

Edited by J.A.W.

I have most, not all...Brown is one of those players I have never specifically sought out, but have never walked away from, either. So a box like this would be a not wholly redundant acquisition, and the purple/gold thing just screams NEW ORLEANS aka JAZZ!!!!, albeit in a whispered-like manner.

This & the Kirk are two boxes I didn't have the money for at the time, and then, as the man says, BOOM! goes the dynamite with the OOP prices. So, maybe...yes? But is this OJC inclusion thing legit, or is this an attempt at jazz-reissue pownery?

I bet that it don't have him & Larue reading the news, though. More's the pity.

Ok, this whole thing gets more incomprehensible...the comma on Amazon.IT gives the price as 34,02 Euro. With the comma in that place the price in US Dollar is $4,517.18, and really, seriously, WTF?, surely that comma is drunk or something, yes? No? Please?

I am so not all over that, and am in fact running to the shower right now to wash off any dust that might have landed.