Jazz CD bargains

ghost of miles

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third the notion...but as a "slice of life", there's been thinner slices and worse lives, if you know what I mean.

Another slice of life that might be more interesting (or "interesting") is this one here.

Never really gels, but there are moments that are really, really cool...and good, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gerry Hemingway Quartet - Down To The Wire

$9.34 with free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gerry-Hemingway-Down-to-the-Wire-CD-1994-/181371151885?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item2a3a90260d

I've sung the praises of this band and these records enough. This deal can't be beat! And you shant regret it!

You have all the Hemingway Hat Arts yet?

My favorites are The Marmalade King, Demon Chaser and maybe Special Detail

I do, plus the Random Acoustics. I have a tough time choosing a favorite, but it might actually be Perfect World. Special Detail is up there, too, but really the best one always seems to be the one I'm listening to at the moment.

The American Quartet recording "Johnny's Corner Song" is also very good. With Eskelin, Eubanks and Dresser

Saw that band in 1999 or so and Toombow to end the set was one of the great performances I've ever witnessed live.

• 2 weeks later...