Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Yes Bill, as you say that must have been one of the first Blue Notes to be officially imported into UK on vinyl, with its stamp on the back. Those with the double sided deep groove as imports are  small in number. Off the top of my head I can only think of ‘AT’s Delight’ as also in that category.

What's a "stamp on the back"?

Spring Heel Jack • The Blue Series Continuum – MassesR-49440-1172244182.jpg.b5ea1926957837983f45dda9eda38716.jpg

I re-listened to Amassed not too long ago and came to the conclusion that it had aged badly, although the fact is that I probably always enjoyed this one more at the time. Relistening now, following a summer spent partly listening to all kinds of terrible 'nu jazz ' and 'jazztronica', I am struck by how un-dated it sounds. What an incredible line up it was. Just a solid gold jazz record.

Edited by Rabshakeh

10 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Spring Heel Jack • The Blue Series Continuum – MassesR-49440-1172244182.jpg.b5ea1926957837983f45dda9eda38716.jpg

I re-listened to Amassed not too long ago and came to the conclusion that it had aged badly, although the fact is that I probably always enjoyed this one more at the time. Relistening now, following a summer spent partly listening to all kinds of terrible 'nu jazz ' and 'jazztronica', I am struck by how un-dated it sounds. What an incredible line up it was. Just a solid gold jazz record.

Made a big impact on release too. The SHJ Blue Series are an impressive batch.

22 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

image.jpg

I haven't played that one in a while. Graham's use of overdubbing gives this quartet the sound of a much bigger band. Not having played an instrument myself in man years, I sometimes wonder how easy it is to play along with yourself. Do you find yourself thinking about what you already laid down as you play the new accompaniment or do you try to forget that it's you and play like you're a member of the band? :)