So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

18 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

NC0xOTMyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Charles McPherson - Live in Tokyo (Xanadu, 1976)
Elemental's "Xanadu Master Edition" reissue

Hell yeah.  This sounds GOOD.

Elemental reissued McPherson's Live in Tokyo and Beautiful! -- but not New Horizons.  Wish they hadn't skipped that one, since it's one of my favorite McPherson albums.   Oh well, I am very grateful for what they did reissue. 

Besides, I've still got New Horizons on LP.  :) 

A bunch of Xanadu masters were destroyed by Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

• Replies 79.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

A bunch of Xanadu masters were destroyed by Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

Is there any sort of listing of the ones that were destroyed? It's such a shame too, as some of my favorite LP titles never made it to CD, like Billy Mitchell's "Colossus of Detroit", Sam Noto's "Notes To You", Ronnie Cuber's "The Eleventh Day of Aquarius", several Al Cohn dates or the "Live At Montreux" sessions, not to mention a bunch of titles that I was only to find on Japanese CDs. I've done needle-drops of most them by now but it would've been nice to get clean digital music from the master.

15 minutes ago, jazzcorner said:

Love this one as Farlow fan

Yes indeed.  It's a doozy.  :) 

I never would've thought to put Farlow together with Mike Nock.  But it works really well -- with all sorts of interesting harmonic things happening throughout.

Teo Macero produced album.  I wonder if it was his idea to get Nock? 

34 minutes ago, sonnymax said:

ab67616d0000b273a4b97e7c3cc420e6b061fb29

Greg Cohen (b) Dave Douglas (tp) Joel Helleny (tb) Scott Robinson (fl, cl, ts, bsx) Ted Rosenthal (p) Tony De Nicola (d). Tracks 3,9: add Romero Lubambo (g) Kenny Wollesen (per). NYC, December 28 & 29, 1995. DIW CD 918.

Ooooh, that sounds like an interesting one!

52 minutes ago, Brad said:

0D6579A3-4138-40E7-BE29-8D0E2A9B9498.jpeg

804C236B-B52C-4E94-B1B4-9262939FA247.jpeg

I think I have that early Art Blakey. Is it possible that there is a strange  version of "Tin Tin Deo" on it, with vocal and it sounds similar to the "Tin Tin Deo" we musicians play, but is more "traditional". 

The Ammons/Stitt combined with what I´d name an ultimate "dream band" (Cedar Walton, Sam Jones, Billy Higgins). I think they also recorded as an own unit and named themself "Magic Triangle" . Fantastic Rhythm section, I have the live sessions with Cliff Jordan, and I think "Eastern Rebellion" was the same, but with another Hornplayer. And they recorded on Jackie McLeans last studio album "Nature Boy", but with another bass player, I think Sam Jones had died....