Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

Ha, unlike @Gheorghe I dig this. Maybe the entire string section isn’t necessary but the sitar, guitar and tablas look to be played by guys with chops.  Thanks for posting it 

I also like it. I sometimes attend concerts of Indian / Pakistani music, and these sitar / tabla players are seriously good.

Edited by T.D.

16 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

Ha, unlike @Gheorghe I dig this. Maybe the entire string section isn’t necessary but the sitar, guitar and tablas look to be played by guys with chops.  Thanks for posting it 

I didn´t say I don´t "dig" it😉 But I can´t really say I dig or I don´t dig it. It just looks funny to me all them deadly serious guys .  Music is love, even if it is "Take Five" 😜, and they look so angry.....

7 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Tenor Titans: Gordon, Dexter / Webster, Ben: Amazon.es: CDs y vinilos}

Great picture. This must be an interesting sound . Two completly different styled sounds of tenor. 
Dexter had deep respect for Webster, but I don´t know how it was vice versa, since there was a story that Ben Webster hated it, when Dexter started to play Body and Soul in a more modal manner (the way he plays it on "Manhattan Symphony". 

13 hours ago, rostasi said:

I like that better than the Take Five with them "angry string players" 😄

That native flute player is really playin´something and compliment for having a jazz feeling with such a strange wooden flute. They all are great, but really I don´t understand why there has to be a conductor ? I think that´s a kind of music and groove that works for itself. 

But it is really fun. Well I wouldn´t buy it, but yeah it´s fun and fine players from a different part of the world .

13 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

51GfP6Zh4PS._UX250_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg.webp

Wow, what a find! In Germany Gitte Haenning has been popular as a sort of Schlager-Chanteuse.
I like this cool Dane, too. I know that earlier in her career she sang jazz but never heard a record such as this 1969 album with arrangements by Francy Boland. How is it?

9 minutes ago, Balladeer said:

Wow, what a find! In Germany Gitte Haenning has been popular as a sort of Schlager-Chanteuse.
I like this cool Dane, too. I know that earlier in her career she sang jazz but never heard a record such as this 1969 album with arrangements by Francy Boland. How is it?

Not the greatest thing the CBBB ever did but very enjoyable and Gitte sounds fine on it. I have the reissue CD and a vinyl copy on German Hor Zu/Columbia, 70s reissue. I’ve not heard any of it but believe that she has done more jazzier stuff in recent years. Not a Schlager fan, it is up (down) there with C&W in my book !

a1232195463_65

Edited by sidewinder