The Lost Tapes: Charles Mingus Live In Detroit

bluesoul

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, the last Youtube update broke the extension and I will need to reload this page for this download to work correctly. This is a quick hack FIX and next update preety soon will not do this.

Huh?

Ok, I bought the thing legit and now this? Wouldn't mind if there was a DL code that had come with it, but this seems just a bit..not sneaky, just...not ready for prime time.

3 hours ago, bertrand said:

Mine is on the way. Annoying as hell about this extra track. They could have included a download card.

There was plenty of room on the CD's for it.  Wonder if it wasn't discovered until after they had printed the sets.

So what happens if you got a buddy who buys the DL version, gets the extra track, and then forwards the whole rip of the LP to you b/c, you know, you gonna buy shit anyway, and then all of a sudden, there the WHOLE product is, potentially being released in/to the wild, what kind of business practice is it that lets that happen?

11 hours ago, Brad said:

I have no idea what the “wild” means. 

It means being out on all the different file-sharing sites, Mediafire and the like. This happens anyway, but there's added incentive now for somebody to go get the whole thing to get all the tracks rather than making that one extra cut available to people who buy the physical copy,

Not a question of "stopping" anything, just a question of why would you handle your product like this, to not stop the bleeding, to not even applying direct pressure, or whatever it is that you use to stop bleeding.

I have piece dropping on this set soon. (Actually, it's been ready for a week but there have been some issues at the other end of the process. Don't ask.)

Re: the digital only version of "Pithecanthropus Erectus." I was told that Sue Mingus and the estate added this at the last possible second and insisted it be included. Production at that point was too far along to add it to the CDs. I can't believe it was "discovered" later than the other material, so -- and here I am speculating -- there must have been some communication issue between Sue and the producer or some issue that went sideways for this to land as it did

Edited by Mark Stryker

1 hour ago, Stefan Wood said:

At least on the opening track, Roy Brooks scorches the earth with his drumming.

Yes he does.  I'm on disc 3 right now.  Skipped over the long invterview on disc 2, at least for the present.  Any opinions: Is it worth 40 minutes of listening time?  Happy with how good the sound is on this set.