What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonny Stitt: One O'Clock Jump (Quadromania, 4 cd)

James Moody: Just Moody (Quadroamnia, 4 cd)

Charlie Ventura: Blue Prelude (Quadromania, 4 cd)

bought them at a local store for Swiss francs 14.90 (= $14.60) each

The Moody I have, of the others I own too much already in different editions, I guess... any luck yet on the Artie Shaw 10 CD set? Haven't seen it around for quite a while, but I'm sure it will be back... maybe you can ask the clerks there (Restseller, I assume?) if they have it somewhere but not on display? A friend of mine asked them about several Quadromania boxes and it seems they were very helpful and allowed him to check out all they had there, even open them up so he could look at the booklets to check what's on those CDs!

Keepnews reissue of THE INCREDIBLE JAZZ GUITAR OF WES MONTGOMERY. I've only been able to listen to a few minutes of it in the car, but am I mistaken in hearing a mono mix? It sure sounds a lot warmer than the OJC I got rid of years ago.

Won on eBay UK the 4 CD Mosaic Gerry Mulligan Concert Jazz Band set. Bid low and did not expect to win but did so at 6 pounds 50 pence (plus 5 pounds shipping). Good price I think!

:party:

Remarkable purchase! Enjoy! (I have 5 LPs by that great band.)

Edited by BillF

Won on eBay UK the 4 CD Mosaic Gerry Mulligan Concert Jazz Band set. Bid low and did not expect to win but did so at 6 pounds 50 pence (plus 5 pounds shipping). Good price I think!

That's a heck of a deal :excited: that's about less than 30 us bucks right ?

Total cost just over $23 US.

That's a heck of a deal :excited: that's about less than 30 us bucks right ?

Total cost just over $23 US.

Yeah, about $23. I was very surprised to win this auction at that price.

Sun Ra-Live at Pit-Inn, Tokyo-DIW

I'm very fond of this session, it lead me to Herbie Nichols ( Ra's piano was compared to Nichols' in a review of this disc in The Wire). Nichols lead me to my first Mosaic in 1992 which lead to much financial insecurity but lots of pleasure. :mellow: