What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Baptiste Trotignon, "Share": Trotignon, piano; Matt Penman, bass; Eric Harland or Otis Brown III, drums; on certain tracks: Mark Turner, tenor sax; Tom Harrell, flugelhorn.

- Joshua Redman, "Compass": Redman with two bassists (Larry Grenadier and Reuben Rogers) and two drummers (Brian Blade and Gregory Hutchinson). They go from trio tracks to quartet tracks (one drummer, two bassists) to quintet tracks with everybody.

I thought I'd go mainstream and see what's up. Both are very nice records on first listen.

d99102m5je5.jpg

Budd Johnson & the Four Brass Giants - Riverside (OJC)

With thanks to Shawn - immediately a great album!

MG

Hah! I just ordered that one last night, along with these two. It'll be a week or so before they arrive.

Frankie Newton -- "1937 - 1939" (chronological classics)

51Nis2m1g1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Bill Coleman -- "1936 - 1938" (chronological classics)

3175gz+x7-L._SL500_AA170_.jpg

51EXlVZ1t-L._SS500_.jpg

also bought that one a few weeks ago, one of these rare instances where i went the local record store and found something i didn't expect which was pretty much what i was looking for at a great price... (found the music a bit uneven but there definitely are a number of excellent tunes on this double cd)

51EXlVZ1t-L._SS500_.jpg

also bought that one a few weeks ago, one of these rare instances where i went the local record store and found something i didn't expect which was pretty much what i was looking for at a great price... (found the music a bit uneven but there definitely are a number of excellent tunes on this double cd)

Niko, take a look here: AVID Jazz website.

Sonny Stitt Tune-Up! at a bargain price.

(I know I could get Tune-Up! + Constellation together on an Andorran label, but would prefer not to...)

I've long had them together on a domestic disc.

Yeah, but the 32Jazz Endgame Brilliance (which the Andorrans presumably ripped) is oop and out of my price range.

Have been getting into Rahsaan Roland Kirk lately (previously had listened mostly to pre-Rahsaan stuff), and just got another eBay bargain:

41ZRMQDKMJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51K6RZHXZ9L._SS400_.jpg

51WTRVFH1DL._SS500_.jpg

I bought these at my local brick and mortar, Euclid Records, for $12.99 each. They had a number of other titles, such as Jimmy Smith's House Party and Prayer Meeting dates, at $9.99 each. I don't recall seeing these on any of the deletion lists I've seen at this or other sites. If these are part of further BN deletions, I'd like to know. :rolleyes: My wallet is already moaning this month but obviously if they're going OOP....

Peace,

Blue Trane