RIP Richard Lewis

JSngry

I definitely remember him from at least one 90s sitcom as well as some stand up specials. Probably would appreciate him a lot more now, actually. 

Never really watched Curb -- I find Larry David so insufferable as to be unwatchable. I thought Seinfeld was aggravating too but at least the ensemble could offset it somewhat.

4 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

I definitely remember him from at least one 90s sitcom as well as some stand up specials. Probably would appreciate him a lot more now, actually. 

Never really watched Curb -- I find Larry David so insufferable as to be unwatchable. I thought Seinfeld was aggravating too but at least the ensemble could offset it somewhat.

Weird timing, but just yesterday morning I started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and I am really not liking it much at all. I laughed at Seinfeld at times. I didn't find myself laughing at all during the first episode. When Richard Lewis popped onto the screen, I thought to myself, "Didn't he die?". A bit of Twilight Zone thing there, for sure.

Early episodes of Curb don’t hold up as well. If you start that show, I recommend the season where he starts out wearing the maga hat. 

I became reacquainted with Richard Lewis via Curb and am glad that happened. I was too young to appreciate him in the 80s and 90s. RIP 

I disagree about the early episodes. It was great from the beginning.  Larry David reminds me of a lot of people I’ve known. He’s a pain in the ass and he’s a kvetcher. I also think it helps if you’re Jewish; you understand the show a bit more. 

12 hours ago, Brad said:

I disagree about the early episodes. It was great from the beginning.  Larry David reminds me of a lot of people I’ve known. He’s a pain in the ass and he’s a kvetcher. I also think it helps if you’re Jewish; you understand the show a bit more. 

absolutely true.

I've definitely known some Larry David types.

12 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

To me it’s similar to Seinfeld in that the early eps have their moments but the sweet spot had to develop. But if you’re a fan, then they’re all good. 

Imho the best seasons are:

4 (this is the Producers season)

6 (the Seinfeld reunion one)

7 (the one that partly takes place in NYC)

i haven’t watched the newest season, and found the last few to be disappointing (though certainly they have their moments)

I watched the latest episode which included Richard Lewis for a few minutes and I have no idea when they filmed the episode but he looked pretty bad, nothing like he had looked like in the most recent season. 

11 hours ago, Brad said:

I watched the latest episode which included Richard Lewis for a few minutes and I have no idea when they filmed the episode but he looked pretty bad, nothing like he had looked like in the most recent season. 

Yeah. Sad.