New Anthony Braxton Box Set

tranemonk

Dusty Groove indicates that there will be 4 cd box set release of Braxton's "Lorraine" music apparently drawn from live concerts, e.g., Vilnius, Antwerp, Rome. On the "Angelica" label from Italy.Up for preorder. release Date of April 12th.

Edited by cliffpeterson

14 hours ago, rostasi said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3tUQypeHqu_r5OJ_tpap

90s night time TV throwback 

20 hours ago, mjazzg said:

I've just received my CD set, first two discs going down very well. And I agree about Matlock who is a new name to me who'll I'll be seeking more of

31 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Matlock is rad. Despite his being a favorite artist I cannot be a Braxton completist – there's just too much – but am thankful he's here making things happen!

Matlock first popped up for me on the Braxton 12 Comp Zim set. Been a fan of his since I heard that. Definitely recommended if you haven't yet checked that out. 

22 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

90s night time TV throwback 

Matlock first popped up for me on the Braxton 12 Comp Zim set. Been a fan of his since I heard that. Definitely recommended if you haven't yet checked that out. 

Thanks, I bought one of the Zim nights as a download as I think it was the one I saw at Cafe Oto, which also means I probably heard Matlock that night. It was a great night's music that's for sure

Just now, AllenLowe said:

I am interested to see the interest in Matlock. He lives around here and we have worked together, but I have yet to hear him do anything that really moved me. Can you guys give me some recommendations?

I'm not a musician, just a listener, and for me it's the texture, vibe and interactions within these Braxton compositions that he provides that honestly elevate these sets. For recs, I like both this new box and the Zim set from 2017 although I'm definitely intrigued by Clifford's rec above which I havent heard. 

1 minute ago, Dub Modal said:

I'm not a musician, just a listener, and for me it's the texture, vibe and interactions within these Braxton compositions that he provides that honestly elevate these sets. For recs, I like both this new box and the Zim set from 2017 although I'm definitely intrigued by Clifford's rec above which I havent heard. 

thanks, I will check it out.

2 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

That Zim set is probably the only DVD I still play. 😎

2 hours ago, jlhoots said:

That Zim set is probably the only DVD I still play. 😎

Yeah, I don't have a dvd player or I'd have bought it. Shame it wasn't a box set like the others but you can't have it all.

1 hour ago, T.D. said:

Thanks, but that only goes to 11...through 2011, that is 😄. The post-2011 volume must be immense with all the box sets.

Wait... so you've listened to all of that already?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Lots of impressions etc. on this thread starting about this page:

Thx but I meant the Braxton Tristano box not the Mosaic Tristano... sorry about that.

Edited by tranemonk

30 minutes ago, tranemonk said:

Speaking of Braxton... Does anyone have a copy of Tristano box set? If yes, what do you think?

That's the one where AB plays piano, I have often wondered about it

Another new box set here. Lorraine pieces played by a saxophone quartet

https://idischidiangelica.bandcamp.com/album/sax-qt-lorraine-2022

22 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Lots of impressions etc. on this thread starting about this page:

This thread is about the Mosaic, no? I thought @tranemonkwas referring to the Anthony Braxton Tristano set, but I could have misinterpreted