IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Fellow Organissimo Forum members, please say hello to Zora Luella Alfredson, born April 24, 2004 at 7:41pm at a weight of 7 pounds, 14 ounces and 21 inches in length!!!!

She is the beautiful first child of me and my wife and also the first grandchild/niece for both sides of the family!

My wife is completely amazing. After inducing labor at 6pm Friday evening due to falling fluid levels in the uterus and a rather large predicted weight (the doctors were estimating 8.5 pounds... my wife is only 5'1") we chose to induce labor on the advice of our doctors.

After 8 hours of intense contractions that never stopped, my poor wife had not dilated at all! She had enough and called in the epideral. After another 16 hours of labor, she had only dilated to 7cm. And everytime the contractions tried to push the baby down towards the birth canal, the poor little girl would go into fetal stress.

So upon the advice of our doctor we had a c-section. Baby is beautiful and completely healthy, and mother is recovering well. I cannot even explain the joy in my heart!

A LITTLE GIRL!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! I think my avatar indicates how I feel about fatherhood - our little guy is 9 months old now, and it's been the greatest 9 months of my life without question.

Little Zora is beautiful, and she'll make your lives more beautiful every single day.

Edited by DrJ

Congrats!

Wow, your wife's labor sounds a lot like my wife's--although we didn't wind up having to do the c-section.

That was almost eleven years ago and my son is going to start *gulp* 6th grade next year!

I know it's a cliche, but they really, really, really grow up fast.

Cherish this time!!!

Well done to your wife, and congratulations to you all.

I work with toddlers and believe me, the little girls are fantastic, they say the best things and make the most sense --- more than us grown ups.

All the best to your family for the future.

Btw, the pic has just loaded and she is gorgeous.

Edited by tonym

Guest Chaney

WONDERFUL NEWS!

Congratulations to your entire family!

MORE pictures... MORE pictures...!

Q: How'd you folks pick Zora's oh-so-cool and rather distinctive names(s)?