Your favorite Hutcherson Blue Note?

wolff

Which Hutcherson Blue Note gets the most  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love OBLIQUE also but how can you leave out MEDINA which also includes the session SPIRAL? MEDINA contains two great sessions of the Hutcherson quintet that included Harold Land. The list should definitely have been more inclusive. Hell a case could be made for the LIVE AT MONTREUX date that included Woody Shaw.

You know, I just realized that I don't own a copy of Stick Up! I was going to vote for Stick Up! as his most solid album, but went with Happenings because it was the last album that I really listened to over and over again for weeks. I've read that Bobby never made the album that his fans wanted to hear, something that reflected what his live groups were doing at the time. People consider all of his albums to be flawed in one way or another, in that they tend to turn toward the end, or that they have a solid string of good compositions, with a mediocre composition thrown in. I can identify with this sentiment and sometime skip over the HAAG, though sometimes I'm in the mood for it! I like all of his albums for different tracks, etc. Dialogue is excellent all the way through, but probably too avant-garde for many. In that respect, you've got to go with Andrew!!! as well.

I recall Stick Up! having a real cohesive sound and think it would be a good candidate for Hutch's classic album. Una Muy Bonita! The Kicker is also a solid candidate. Of course, his CLASSIC album stands as Out To Lunch! That is the one that makes Bobby Hutcherson untouchable.

So I voted, but my vote shouldn't count because of my indecisiveness.