Miles Cellar Door Update

BFS

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will take 5-6 weeks to affix a sticker to the 20,000 copies boxes  printed that covers up the original 'Produced by Bob Belden and Adam Holzman' with 'Produced by Miles Davis  Compilation Produced by Bob Belden and Adam Holzman' ...as per demand of Miles Davis Estate.

By the time it ships across the Atlantic then, it might just be in time for Xmas (he says.. hopefully..)

Is this about money? Does the Estate get more if Miles is mentionned as a producer?

Seems they could have dealt with the money part of it without delaying the release or slapping the sticker on it ... which would lead one to believe it is some sort of ego thing/pissing contest. What a joke, but I suspect we will have this soon enough. Can't get *any* money of you don't have any sales ...

That's ridiculous. Have you never heard of an advance?

Mike

OK, well if the product never hits the market, then you would have to pay back the advance, esp if you (i.e. the estate) were the one who was the reason behind it never hitting the market. The point is, they are just hurting themselves.

On Ebay:

COMPLETE CELLAR DOOR SESSIONS Miles Davis 24 K GoldCDr

-A gift "copy" for buying the great "Szakcsi" CD.LQQK-

CAN YOU STAND IT? THEY ARE PUTTING THIS SET ON LONG TERM HOLD. I WAS TOLD BY A FRIEND AT TOWER THAT THE COMPUTER HAS IT FOR (((DECEMBER 2006!!!!))). SO, I AM GOING TO HELP OUT A LITTLE. I AM SELLING A DISC CALLED "SZAKCSI: STRIGHT AHEAD." IT'S ON THE GRP LABLE (AND WE ALL KNOW HOW SUPER GREAT THEY WERE, WHAT WITH THE "THE DIGITAL MASTER LABLE" LOGO AND ALL. BOY, I MISS ALL THE GREAT SMOOTH JAZZ THEY SOLD BACK IN THE 1980's FOR $18.99 A DISC. WHAT A LOSS THAT WE CAN'T CAN'T FIND ALL THE STUFF ANYMORE. ANYWAY, HERE'S WHERE I COME IN. I AM SELLING THIS GREAT GRP CD FOR $45.00, AND (((AS A GIFT, I AN GIVING A "COPY" OF THE MILES DAVIS: COMPLETE CELLAR DOOR SESSIONS, "COPIED" ONTO MFSL 24 KARAT GOLD CDR.))) I KNOW, I'M A SUPER GUY, BUT PLEASE, DON'T FEED MY EGO. I'M JUST TRYING TO DO MY PART AS A RIGHT KIND OF GUY. ANYWAY, THERE YOU HAVE IT (IF YOU WANT IT). Email with questions, if you're slow. :-)

and a Promo set for $199 ...

b2_1.JPG

:crazy:

Edited by Claude

Guest youmustbe

A/O this morning, 10/6...Sony has decided to release in a few weeks the box as originally done...problem has nothing to do with money...it's all about some personal animosity that exists between 2 people involved.

Anyway, since my Dodgers crapped out and my Packers are 0-4, I'm leaving the country for a while in disgrace and will not be able to update you anymore.

Cheers!

PS I just got 84 dollars from Sony from downloads on a track on an album I produced! More on the way!!! The future is here!!!!

PS PS Best record of 2005... Common's BE!... Jazzier than any Jazz record released this year and sorry, Hipper than the Monk Trane!!!

PS PS Best record of 2005...  Common's BE!... Jazzier than any Jazz record released this  year and sorry, Hipper than the Monk Trane!!!

You had me until this. :g I had no idea what/who you were talking about so I went and checked out some samples. I guess I don't get it. Jazzy? Hipper than M/T? Could somebody explain this to me? I didn't hear anything "jazzy", just another rap record, but I'm not really a fan so it could be a great rap record and I'd never know it.

I say this respectfully, youmustbe, please tell me why this is the best of 2005.

BTW, thanks for the Miles updates. Maybe the C/D sessions will be out soon after all.

just outta curiosity... can you tell us where you got that info? Since I can't find anything on this new/old release date??

thanks

A/O this morning, 10/6...Sony has decided to release in a few weeks the box as originally done...problem has nothing to do with money...it's all about some personal animosity that exists between 2 people involved.

Anyway, since my Dodgers crapped out and my Packers are 0-4, I'm leaving the country for a while in disgrace  and will not be able to update you anymore.

Cheers!

PS I just got 84 dollars from Sony from downloads on a track on an album I produced!  More on the way!!!  The future is here!!!!

PS PS Best record of 2005...  Common's BE!... Jazzier than any Jazz record released this  year and sorry, Hipper than the Monk Trane!!!