Welcome to the new forum!

Jim Alfredson

Ok, I know at first glance you're probably thinking "WTF?" As a member of numerous forums on the web, I am always taken aback when they change. But trust me; within a few days you'll be used to the new look.

First things first; thank you for your patience with the transition to the new server. As of this writing our nameservers have yet to propagate; once that is done I have to set the DNS servers for the domain, which will take even more time to resolve. It will be interesting to see how long it takes until the DNS points to the new server (and thus this installation) instead of the old.

You may notice the little sidebar on the right of the main index page. You can close that and the forum will become full-screen, much like before.

There are a ton of new features in this software. I will be listing them here as I find them. For one, you may notice a new button in the post editor called "insert media". You can use this to insert mp3s, youtube videos, etc. into the posts. Very slick! Here is an example of an mp3:

http://www.organissimo.org/mp3s/2412_04.mp3

How about a YouTube video?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=voKkE2k_f50

PMs now group into conversations, much like Google's gmail. There are many more features, most of which I have yet to explore myself.

Most importantly the board is much much faster due to the latest version of MySQL and PHP and also our new server, which is exponentially more powerful than the last. This is going to be really cool!

This has been a relatively painless move, but has cost me some money. Any donations would be appreciated. Concerns, questions, and comments are welcome. Thank you!

Can't believe I'm the first to reply!! Looks and feels great already. Also noticed the thread doen't change automatically when using the popdown menue at the bottom. It used to go to the selected thread by itself and now you have to use the "go" button as well. But if that's the price to pay for this fast and smooth running version so be it!!!

Congrats Jim and thanks as always.

Been browsing around for ten minutes now and things do look good!

There's only one thing that's not as good as before: the quotes. You can hardly tell them apart from the main text!

Been browsing around for ten minutes now and things do look good!

There's only one thing that's not as good as before: the quotes. You can hardly tell them apart from the main text!

test quote...

Ah, I see - it's old posts that aren't displayed properly. Too bad, but I guess we'll all get used to it when reading old threads!

Thanks, everyone! I'm thrilled to have us up and running on the new server. It may take a day or two for the new DNS to fully resolve, meaning you might find yourself back at the old server and the old forums. If that happens you can manually edit your hosts file to include the following line:

67.227.203.70 organissimo.org www.organissimo.org

If you don't know how to edit your hosts file in Windows or Mac, check out this article on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file

Just add the line above and you'll be golden.

BTW, I have an email into Invision to see if we can fix the problem with quotes from old posts.

Good to know, would be nice if they could fix it!

It's a bit hard to see where quotes end and posts begin like it is, but I'm sure we could live with that and get used to look a bit closer, if they can't change it!