Thelonious Monk - Palo Alto (Impulse) --> fresh new monk!

EKE BBB

Well, this turn of events is deeply upsetting.  Amazon.ca says that the Palo Alto date is going to be unavailable and they have cancelled my order.  At the moment, Amazon.co.uk says the item is out of stock (and doesn't appear to be made available again).  It's coming out soon in the US, though the proposed shipping (to Canada) is pure extortion. I guess I don't need this after all. 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, ejp626 said:

Well, this turn of events is deeply upsetting.  Amazon.ca says that the Palo Alto date is going to be unavailable and they have cancelled my order.  At the moment, Amazon.co.uk says the item is out of stock (and doesn't appear to be made available again).  It's coming out soon in the US, though the proposed shipping (to Canada) is pure extortion. I guess I don't need this after all. 

Maybe try Dusty Groove?

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

Or Amazon US. 

I just feel that I am being ripped off with $13 shipping charges.  After it was suddenly legit to sell in the US, it should have been just as legal to sell in Canada.  I'm sure it is a totally pointless protest, but I refuse to buy this until it is available in Canada.

14 hours ago, ejp626 said:

I checked out the HMV shop that I got the copy of this a month or two ago and - zilch !

3 hours ago, gmonahan said:

So did I. And I see we were both playing it today as well!

gregmo

I am highly pleased. It is an excellent performance and the sound is good. Recorded by the unknown  Jack Towers of high school custodians.

Edited by kh1958

Supposedly, now available on Amazon.ca again with release date of tomorrow.  I'll have to have my wife put in the order as I don't have Prime.  (While definitely a first-world problem, I'm still PO'ed that they jumped the gun and completely cancelled the order instead of just pushing back delivery date, since it seemed likely it would be made available to Canada along with the US.  In the process, they disrupted a bundled order that did qualify for free shipping but no longer does after I have to buy the Monk as a stand-alone item.)

3 hours ago, jlhoots said:

My copy from Amazon US shipped this morning!!

Mine said it was going to ship tomorrow with a delivery date of October 21st. Uh. No thanks Amazon. So I canceled and ordered it from Target and it’ll be here by Monday at the latest. 

Edited by BrianB

13 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Thanks to the new management of USPS there will be delays.

I'm still waiting for mine from amazon UK. No hurry, plenty to listen to, just want to have it in hand.

Sad but true. And Amazon is having their own woes apparently too - everything I’ve ordered lately is taking 3-4 weeks to arrive.